After the popularity of our article listing the Best Dry Robe Alternatives for Kids we decided to make a list of the Best Dry Robe Alternatives for Adults too.
These robes, like oversized ponchos/coats, are perfect for any type of outdoor activity, such as swimming, mountain climbing, kayaking or paddleboarding. With most boasting a waterproof outer layer, long sleeve lengths, soft fleece lining and being big enough so that you can throw it on over your wet clothing or get changed discreetly underneath, they are ideal.
But they are not just for swimmers or surfers; dry robes and changing robes have grown in popularity in recent years as many have seen the benefit of using a water-resistant coat with huge fleece-lined pockets instead of an ordinary jacket for dog walks, watching the kids sport, the school run or basically anything outdoors. They keep your valuables and phone dry, they keep you dry, and you can even throw a small child underneath one too.
What a Great Choice you will find here:
So here is our list of the Best Dry Robe Alternatives for Adults:
1. Aldi Crane adults dry changing robe
Aldi’s changing robe looks to have a similar oversized fit, reaching a three-quarter length. The robe features a full-length zip for quick and convenient clothes changes and handy side pockets for stashing your valuables.
Available in sizes small to extra large, each is lined with teddy fleece lining for a dose of cosy comfort and, ideal for the whole family, there will be a smaller size for kids also available in store (£29.99)
£34.99, Aldi.co.uk – available in-store now if you can find one. We’ve not found one yet, or anyone else who has tried it either…..
2. Osprey unisex’s adult changing robe
OSPREY changing robe. For use whilst getting changed outdoors such as at the beach or swimming pool by keeping you covered up, 20% of the robe’s material is also made from recycled bottles
Keep your clothes and accessories dry as it’s a waterproof and windproof dry changing robe with internal phone pocket, polyester outer lining, Velcro cuffs and double zip closure.
Folds into a compact size and store away for future use; Sizes available, XS, S, M, L and XL. Please note: If you want to use it as a coat rather than a changing robe then buy one size smaller than your usual size.
Available from £69.99 from Amazon
- OSPREY CHANGING ROBE FOR EXTRA PRIVACY: whilst getting changed outdoors such as at the beach or swimming pool by keeping you covered up, 20% of the robe’s material is also made from recycled bottles
- COMFORTABLY GET CHANGED ANYWHERE: change out of your clothes, wetsuit or swimming costume inside this hooded changing robe
- KEEP YOUR CLOTHES AND ACCESSORIES DRY: waterproof and windproof dry changing robe with internal phone pocket, polyester outer lining, Velcro cuffs and double zip closure
- IDEAL FOR COLD AND WET WEATHER: waterproof outer and warm Sherpa fleece fabric inner lining makes this great for wet and windy weather on the beach or long walks
- EASY TO STORE: fold into a compact size and store away for future use; Sizes available, XS, S, M, L and XL. Please note: If you want to use it as a coat rather than a changing robe then buy one size smaller than your usual size
3.Malooka – dryrobe alternative
You can get this in black or navy and for an additional £3 you can have your initials on the front too.
The warm fleece lining is grey on both versions. Check out the size chart on the website, scroll across the images to find it.
You just need to add VAT to the advertised price.
4. Seashell Changing Robe – Best dryrobe alternative
There are lots of dry robe style robes available at present as you can see from this round up, but I especially love that the colour of the Seashell changing robe is muted. It feels appropriate whether you’re heading to work or the shops, as well as being perfect for the side of the football pitch, encouraging children at cross country or volunteering at Parkrun.
5. White Water Pro Robe
The White Water Pro Robe was designed to be an affordable alternative to existing similar products, whilst being stylish, functional and manufactured to a very high quality. White Water claim the design has constantly evolved to better suit customers’ needs and their aim was to design a high quality, functional and stylish robe that is durable, and able to provide you with maximum comfort in the most extreme conditions.
The functional design also allows you to get changed quickly and easily, whilst protecting you from the elements. Priced at £115, there are several colours and designs to choose from, these White Water pro robes come in sizes M and L, to buy click here.
6. Smoc Smoc Full Zip smocs – Another dry robe alternative
These Smoc Smoc Full Zip smocs are high quality, waterproof and windproof; designed to keep you warm and dry after outdoor sports adventures. Made in the UK, this Smoc is perfect for the most hard-core days out where you may be wild swimming, stand-up paddleboarding, kite-surfing or mountain biking.
With Eco-friendly, hypo-allergenic properties, this product is an ideal fabric and is powerfully insulating and highly absorbent. The bamboo lining is also ocean friendly and the Smoc contains no micro plastics so it will not add to the micro waste problems.
Features on the Smoc include a large hood with pull cords, long sleeves, strong chunky reversible zipper, zipped internal pocket for keys or money and a big pocket to “hold” your clothes whilst you dry. Available in a S, M, L and XL and in seven different colours, the Full Zip smocs are £140 and can be purchased here.
7. Charlie McLeod Original Sports Cloak
Charlie McLeod prides itself on having a heritage firmly rooted in sport, from open water swimming and trail running to canoeing and surfing and so they decided to develop an item to support and aid those tough outdoor activities.
Their Sports Cloak was developed and researched in-house and offers a one stop solution for apres sport. They claim that their Change Robe has made changing water-side a doddle, whilst staying warm and dry at the same time.
The Charlie McLeod Unisex Sports Cloak offers a tough nylon outer, with a thick Sherpa fleece lining and all Change Robes come with a CMc Dry Bag to transport your Cloak and any additional kit. Inside the Change Robe are a number of zipped pockets including a mesh goggle pocket. It is £119.95 and is available in sizes XS, S/M or L/XL, and in purple, navy or grey. You can buy it here.
- FREE Charlie McLeod 40L Dry Bag bag worth £19.95 with your Sports Cloak
- Showerproof outer fabric and very warm absorbant Sherpa fleece lining, with a large hood
- Loose fit allows for easy changing of wet garments whilst maintaining your modesty at all times
- Super chunky looped zip pulls for easy use whilst your hands are cold and wet
- Loads of handy pockets inside and out, for valuables, sunnies and wet garments
8. Frostfire Moonwrap Long Sleeve Waterproof Changing Robe – alternative to dryrobe
Designed to be oversized and keep you warm, the Moonwrap is a unisex, long sleeved robe and has been designed to withstand those muddy, wet, sandy days using durable, high quality materials. Inside the Moonwrap there is a large internal waterproof zipper pocket which can be handy to store items if you’re running around, getting changed or warming up, it also has two extra large external pockets which are fleece lined to keep your hands warm or for items to be stored and a fleece-lined hood which can be used like a towel to dry your hair.
It has a 100% waterproof and windproof outer shell, ultra warm synthetic fleece lining everywhere inside and a two-way reversible zip. It is available in a S, M or L, in four different colours and is £99.99, you can buy it here.
- Waterproof Long Sleeved Unisex Changing Robe
- 100% Waterproof Outershell & Fleece Lined Inner
- 2 External & 1 Internal Pockets
- Quick Dry & Easy To Clean
- Small Size - Suitable Height Range: 4'7'' - 5'5''
9. ExoROBE Stormbreaker Adult Waterproof Poncho/Coat
This waterproof poncho style changing robe and coat is made from recycled plastic and are exoROBE’s most popular robes. The lighter weight, excellent quality and the way they can be packed into a small bag have proven to be highly redeeming features.
The robes have highly water resistant outer material, are lightweight and packable in a small volume, have stitched and glued seams, super soft fleece lining, a large internal pocket, a small zipped internal pocket, velcro cuffs and a three-way zip. They are also made from recycled plastic and include an EOS stuff sack to minimise plastic packaging. It comes in several colours and three sizes (S, M and L) and is £99. To buy, click here.
10. Slouchy Hoodie Blanket Changing Robe
Next on our list of the best dry robe alternatives for adults is this slouchy hoodie blanket, which is so soft and perfect for warming you up, with its double layer and vegan sherpa fleece inside and super soft flannel on the outer. There is also an oversized snuggly hood and hidden thumb holes to keep your hands toastie, the hoodie is one size fits all (equivalent to 6XL) with a length of 96 cm and waist 203 cm, which makes it 30% longer than competitors. It is actually on sale at the moment for £55 instead of £75 and can be bought here.
- YOUR WALKING CHANGING ROOM - Winthome change robe brings you a pleasant changing experience wherever you are, ensuring you full privacy and comfort without fear for flash and cold or windy weather.
- USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN - Our poncho robe has an unique side opening which let you get changed easily while maintaining modesty. Furthermore it captures a built-in pocket for convenient storage.
- STAY DRY & WARM - Winthome microfiber hooded poncho towel is super absorbent, fluffy and cosy with 80% polyester and 20% polyamide, keeping your post-water changing and dressing-up as cozy as ever.
- BEACH CHANGING MUST-HAVE - With a pursuit for wonderful beach recreation experience, Winthome poncho robe not only satisfies your and your families' changing needs by the beach, but also perfect for outdoor sports including swimming, surfing, diving, sailing and riding etc.
- IDEAL FIT & EASY MAINTANENCE - Different sizes are available: M (adult size) fits from 150-180 cm and XL (oversize) fits from 170-200 cm. Winthome changing robe is machine washable, best to separate colors while washing, bright colors may bleed firstly but no worry about the durability of the color as it lasts long enough.
11. Selkie Recycled Robe
This Swim Robe by Selkie is designed and manufactured to keep you warm. Selkie are saying no more getting cold on the side of lakes, rivers, or the beach, as their robe focuses on keeping you warm in a sustainable way. From its full quick wicking Sherpa fleece lining throughout, extra-long zip pulls easier to handle with cold hands, through to the option to have a full or shorter length sleeve, and a more fitted hood, everything has been considered to keep the elements out and you super cosy.
It is also made from recycled polyester and RPET fabric, also called PET or PETE bottle fabric, which is an Eco-friendly fabric made using the yarn of recycled plastic bottles. The Robe comes in a two-tone Grey with a bright orange fleece lining, and a travel bag, to keep you and your robe looking good. The Robe is one size only and is £125, it comes in navy or grey and can be purchased here.
- Made from recycled Polyester, RPET fabric, an eco-friendly fabric made using the yarn of recycled plastic bottles
- Adjustable full-length sleeves for ease when changing with Velcro fastening, fold back to make a shorter sleeve as you wish
- V-vented side panels for ease of movement
- One size.Product dimensions - width: 80cm, chest/waist: 160cm, length: 108cm, long sleeve length from neck: 80cm
- Swim Robe is unisex, suitable for both men and women
12. Vast Change Robe
This robe is made from 100% polyester and has a waterproof and windproof outer. Its inner is thermo-fleece lined and also has a full length two-way YKK zip. The robe also features a drop shoulder to provide room for changing, velcro adjustable cuffs, a waterproof phone pocket and two internal pockets. The Vast Change Robe is said to be the perfect companion for beach days as it ensures ease when changing and multiple pockets to stash your essentials. Priced at £99.99, this product is available in black/charcoal and blue/black in sizes S, M or L, click here to buy.
13. Swimzi XK Changing Robe
The Swimzi XK has gained a reputation of being the most advanced Open Water coat/ Changing Robe available. With a weatherproof tough outer shell with taped seams accompanied by an incredible super soft, warm Sherpa fleece inner lining, the Swimzi XK Robe prides itself on great quality.
The Swimzi full-length two-way YKK zip system enables reversible features for water exit along with hood closure. XK Storm Guard feature covers the lower face and chin and torso preventing wind chill penetration. It also boasts two large easy-to-use hip pockets for storing essential gear and nutrition supplements along with a large inner chest. Available in sizes S, M, L and XL, it is priced at £144 and is available in deep forest green or black, buy it here.
14. Vivida All Weather Sherpa Changing Robe
On the slightly more pricey side at £165, the Vivida Changing Robe boasts excellent quality and sustainability features. This Eco-friendly, insulated and waterproof personal changing coat is designed to shelter you in every weather condition and elevating the ease and comfort of changing for waterside activities, all year round
. The outer shell is high-performance, and the cosy Sherpa fleece lining keeps you warm whilst wicking away moisture. There are plenty of thoughtful features, such as an easy-grab two-end zip for flexibility and the ability to pack down into a tow float or transform into a travel pillow. This robe is available in a S, M, L or XL and in three colours; Mineral Blue, Aventurine Green and Fossil Grey, and can be bought here.
15. TYR Alliance Podium Parka
TYR Alliance Podium Parka. With a soft, brushed outer shell and honeycomb brushed inner fleece, this provides 25% additional warmth than traditional parkas. Ideal for training days and swim meets, the TYR Alliance Podium Parka is waterproof and wind-resistant and includes both an inner phone pocket and an adjustable hood.
This parka boasts five star reviews and is available in black, navy and red, and in sizes XS, S, M, L and XL, priced at £111.97. If you’re wanting to purchase, click here.
16. Inhabit Robes are Stylish and Colourful Dry Robe
Last but not least on our list of the best dry robe alternatives for adults is the oh-so-stylish Inhabit Robes. They come in Small, Medium and Large and are made from Recycled Polyester. Have an inner fleece lining, windproof and waterproof outer shell with multiple zip pockets.
We have a small one and this for me was perfect. They are warm and comfortable and come in pastel blue and green. Priced at £125.00 see our full review here.