Thule Subterra travel bags review
NB: We were sent the Thule Subterra Luggage 70cm in order to review.
Thule Subterra collection offers a variety of luggage, duffel bags, backpacks, and more. Their collection is stylish, practical, simple, and built to last. We have the Thule Subterra Luggage 70cm/28.
It’s a spacious rolling duffel with wide-mouth access and a sub-divided main compartment which makes it easy to pack and organise your travel essentials.
Thule Subterra rolling duffels
We travel in a variety of different ways with the kids. Sometimes with lots of luggage and sometimes with very little. We travel to Africa and Cyprus, go camping and stay in posh hotels and I often feel like one bag wouldn’t be suitable to be taken to all those places.
I honestly think with the Thule 70cm/28″ 75L rolling duffel we could do just that and here’s why!
It’s smart enough to take to a fancy hotel, it’s black and sleek and would fit in it any grand reception area.
It’s malleable enough to be thrown on the plane, in the back of a safari vehicle and not to look too fancy on our african adventures too.
Equally it’s lightweight (4.1kg) and so it fits the bill for that all important luggage allowance on shorter budget airline flights.
Within the rolling duffel there is plenty of room for all our clothes and with an ‘average’ pack for us we filled it with just under 20kg of clothes, books and other travel accessories. The bags are also more spacious than they look at first sight. On top of that, every bag is divided into two separate compartments making it extremely easy to stay organised and quickly find what you are looking for.
If I’m being picky I would have preferred for each section to have the netting cover on so that you could open the bag either way and the things wouldn’t fall out, but that really is being picky.
- It’s 35 x 40 x 70 cm
- 75 litres (although I never really understand what that equates to – it seems to be a weeks worth of clothes!)
- Easy to pack and stay organis[amazon_link asins=’B01MQVZY47,B01NCLIPFX’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’fuelbylatt-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’df5987e0-c650-11e8-975c-75e987fdd8fc’]ed with spacious interior that divides into two separate compartments
- Smooth and easy transport with tough, oversized wheels and V-Tubing telescoping handles
- Effortless travel thanks to the piggyback strap attachment loop that allows an additional bag to be hooked on
- Bag design absorbs the impact of travel due to the durable exoskeleton and moulded polycarbonate back panel
- Smooth lifting and rearranging with top, side and bottom grab handles
- Protects contents from the elements with durable, water-resistant materials
- Keep belongings in place throughout travel due to external compression straps
- Quick access to keys, wallet and smaller items with zippered pocket
- Built in ID card slot simplifies identification of bag
There are lots of stockists on the Thule website if you’d like to see them in person or you can buy them on Amazon.
[amazon_link asins=’B01MQVZY47,B01NCLIPFX’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’fuelbylatt-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’eb69c20c-c650-11e8-a500-abfe7310d7f8′]
Karen Beddow founded Mini Travellers in 2014 while doing what she loves most...going on holiday!
Mini Travellers is for parents looking for holiday ideas, destination reviews, days out and things to do with the kids. We also have family travel tips, activity ideas and all other things family holiday related. Take a look at some of our latest reviews for holidays and day trips in the UK.