Whether you’re looking for bedtime stories, books for half term or spooky tales for Halloween we’ve got you covered. Do keep an eye on twitter as we will be running competitions to win copies of some of these books over the next month.So without further ado here are our Mini Travellers Children’s Book Ideas for October 2018.
- This post contains affiliate links which means if you order any books I may make a few pennies
Cookie is having a bad time and that has made him very ANGRY. Gradually though, he realises that the reader is sticking around regardless and that things aren’t as bad as they first seemed. Packed full of humour, I particularly loved the very funny artwork.
[amazon_link asins=’1406383082′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’fuelbylatt-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’f947251a-c961-11e8-829e-519d27314730′]
Join a brother and sister who compete with the number of creatures they scare when they go trick or treating. This new take on a memory game is perfect for Halloween and has bright, bold artwork.
[amazon_link asins=’140889288X’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’fuelbylatt-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’3a1d807b-c962-11e8-a98b-5b2df6bed3e6′]
With stunning artwork and a beautiful story Maybe the Moon by debut author and illustrator Frances Ives has quickly become a bedtime favourite in our house. I loved Eric’s journey and gradual realisation that no matter the differences between people and places, we are never alone when we all share the same moon.
[amazon_link asins=’1910552828′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’fuelbylatt-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’5f6e1cf4-c962-11e8-8b44-2dbfb6a3c961′]
With beautiful retro artwork this large 64 page book explores what life is like for children all over the world. It looks at how children from over 40 countries spend a typical day beginning with early morning and moving right through to school, activities, meal times and even dreams. It’s a fascinating way to learn more about other cultures and see how they’re similar as well as different to our own.
[amazon_link asins=’1847809731′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’fuelbylatt-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’b8a8d402-c962-11e8-9e11-254de975b715′]
Little Sticker Dolly Dressing Halloween by Fiona Watt and Lizzie Mackay (Usborne Publishing LTD)
With over 200 bright, colourful, reusable stickers, children will have great fun dressing up the characters in their Halloween outfits and decorating the pages to match.
[amazon_link asins=’1474950434′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’fuelbylatt-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’cf0cf1f3-c962-11e8-b440-87819a8ef2f0′]
For ages 3 and up these flash cards, (available in French, Spanish and German), are a great introduction to a new language. They have pictures on one side of the card of things including numbers, food, members of family and animals. Underneath the picture is the foreign word as well as the phonetic pronunciation – the English translation is on the back. Perfect for getting budding linguists ready for their holidays.
New boy Ahmet seems strange at first, he doesn’t talk, or smile, he doesn’t even like sweets. But then his class learns he’s a refugee who has run away from a war, a real one with bombs. So together his new friends come up with a plan to help him. This is a powerful story about friendship and kindness.
[amazon_link asins=’1510105018′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’fuelbylatt-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’83a4decd-c965-11e8-a92a-85a6e4ab6f56′]
This is an illustrated book designed to empower children to take control of their mental well-being. Packed full of activities from planting a seed bomb outside to paying kindness forwards, this is a fantastic way to help equip children to face the emotional challenges at home and school.
[amazon_link asins=’0008301212′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’fuelbylatt-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’a1e32dc0-c965-11e8-ae40-a917718ce5c4′]
Ant isn’t like other boys, but he turns out to be even stranger than Zac could have ever imagined. This is a funny, quirky school adventure about unlikely friends and heroes. Published by Barington Stoke who specialise in creating books designed to help reluctant and dyslexic readers.
[amazon_link asins=’1781128367′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’fuelbylatt-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’c337bdb9-c965-11e8-aca4-cf67b01922fe’]
Simon is sixteen and trying to work out who he is. But when one of his emails to Blue falls into the wrong hands, things get even more complicated. I highly recommend this funny, heart-warming and powerful story.
[amazon_link asins=’B077XHZYY4′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’fuelbylatt-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’e367a3c8-c965-11e8-ac2f-b96ad3afff98′]
Jeet was raised by a pack of wild dogs but since being re-humanised now lives with the last of his people in a walled city. As they prepare for the forthcoming battle, Jeet is given the task of recording past events but struggles to find his place within it. A compelling story of identity and survival by an award-winning author
[amazon_link asins=’1405276207′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’fuelbylatt-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’026105ea-c966-11e8-af9b-bd230a54133b’]
Taran and her twin brother Hari didn’t want to move to Firestone House but gradually they become part of the community. But when Hari witnesses something he shouldn’t, they’re forced to go on the run as they try to uncover the truth behind what’s happened. Run, Riot is a powerful, fast paced thriller by the editor of The Good Immigrant.
[amazon_link asins=’B077QRCHC2′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’fuelbylatt-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’2c28ab2b-c966-11e8-8651-8931032bbee0′]
Why not PIN this post about Mini Travellers Children’s Book Ideas for September 2018
Here is a chance to Win a Kindle (Worth £59.99) To Make Reading that little bit easier!
This competition is a huge thank you to all my fantastic readers. It’s coming up to October Half Term and Christmas will be along shortly after that and if you’re anything like me you would like some new clothes, shoes, books, to make your Autumn that little bit nicer! I’ve also just bought a kindle for my daughter for her birthday (she’s 8) as I didn’t want her to have her tablet in her bedroom.
So I got together with some of my blogging buddies and thought about a brand new giveaway that might help! We have a Kindle to giveaway to one lucky blog reader of either Mini Travellers, Extraordinary Chaos, Like Love Do Pod Travels, Parentshaped.
If you aren’t already following the other blogs on social media then I suggest you do, it will give you more entries to the competition but they are also all fabulous and
All you need to do is enter via the Rafflecopter entry form below. The more times you enter the more chances you have to win the Kindle!
I would also love you to join in with our Mini Travellers Children’s Book Club- A place to share children’s books you’ve loved and to find out about new titles too. We welcome your posts and interaction in the group. Let’s chat children’s books!
Good luck to all!
Check out my other giveaways here.
Know someone who would like to win too? Please do share it with your friends and families!
Terms and Conditions Apply below!
This competition is open to residents of the UK.
• All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
• Supplying an email address within the Rafflecopter widget means that the entrant is willing to be added to all Promoters mailing list. Upon receipt of any correspondence from these companies, the entrant will be free to unsubscribe at any time.
• All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date.
• All prizes are non-transferable and there is no alternative.
• Winner will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter and the winners will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
• The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
• Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
• English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
• By submitting an entry through Rafflecopter, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway
• Each winning entry will be validated, and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that Rafflecopter entry, a new winner will be chosen
• Each Rafflecopter entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such. Any incorrect entries from the winner only make these entry methods invalid, not all the winners’ entries. The winning entry method from them will still be valid as long as it complies with our other terms and conditions.
• Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
• The competition may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion.
Karen Beddow founded Mini Travellers in 2014 while doing what she loves most...going on holiday!
Mini Travellers is for parents looking for holiday ideas, destination reviews, days out and things to do with the kids. We also have family travel tips, activity ideas and all other things family holiday related. Take a look at some of our latest reviews for holidays and day trips in the UK.