Wilkommen! Welcome to an exciting adventure of language and fun as you embark on a holiday with your kiddies. Whether you’re exploring the vibrant streets of Berlin or enjoying the sandy beaches of Rügen, introducing your children to basic German phrases can add an extra layer of joy to your family vacation. To make things easier for you, we’ve created a handy German Phrases Printable that parents can take on holiday for the kiddies. Let’s dive into the world of language and exploration! See more travel phrases for kids.
Should We Encourage Our Kids To Try Local German Phrases When Travelling
Language learning at a young age enhances cognitive development and fosters cultural understanding and communication skills. Moreover, it makes travelling even more exciting as your kiddies can actively participate in conversations with locals. It’s also a sign of respect to try to speak German when visiting Germany, and helps kiddies engage and learn.
Our German Phrases Printables are Designed Specifically for Kiddies
Featuring essential phrases and expressions that will come in handy during your holiday. From greetings and polite expressions to simple questions and phrases for ordering food, we’ve curated a list that will make your child’s language learning experience enjoyable.
50 Travel Phrases For Children To Use In Germany
- Hallo – Hello
- Danke – Thank you
- Bitte – Please
- Entschuldigung – Excuse me
- Ja – Yes
- Nein – No
- Auf Wiedersehen – Goodbye
- Wie geht es dir? – How are you?
- Ich heiße… – My name is…
- Sprichst du Englisch? – Do you speak English?
- Toilette – Bathroom
- Essen – Eat
- Trinken – Drink
- Wasser – Water
- Vielen Dank – Thank you very much
- Gern geschehen – You’re welcome
- Wie viel kostet das? – How much does it cost?
- Kannst du mir helfen? – Can you help me?
- Mir gefällt es – I like it
- Mir gefällt es nicht – I don’t like it
- Wo ist…? – Where is…?
- Der Flughafen – The airport
- Der Strand – The beach
- Der Zug – The train
- Das Hotel – The hotel
- Das Essen – The food
- Der Laden – The store
- Das Tier – The animal
- Der Park – The park
- Das Eis – Ice cream
- Das Museum – The museum
- Der Zoo – The zoo
- Der Bus – The bus
- Das Auto – The car
- Die Karte – The map
- Die Stadt – The city
- Der Berg – The mountain
- Der Wald – The forest
- Der Fluss – The river
- Der See – The lake
- Das Meer – The sea
- Die Sonne – The sun
- Der Regen – The rain
- Der Schnee – The snow
- Die Sterne – The stars
- Der Mond – The moon
- Der Wind – The wind
- Der Himmel – The sky
- Die Wolken – The clouds
- Gute Reise! – Have a good trip!
Get Our Free German Travel Phrases Printable
Simply click here or on the image to get our free German Travel Phrases Printables for kiddies to take along on their travels.
Ways To Use Our Free Printable German Travel Phrases
- Role-playing: Engage in role-playing scenarios where your kiddies can play different roles, such as a waiter at a German café or a friendly local. This will help them practice using the phrases in real-life situations.
- Daily Challenges: Challenge your children to use at least one German phrase each day. This can be a fun game that encourages them to actively apply what they’ve learned.
- Language Games: Introduce simple language games that involve the phrases on the printable. For example, a scavenger hunt where they have to find and match the Spanish phrase to a corresponding image.
- Cultural Exploration Enhance your kiddies’ learning experience by immersing them in German culture. Visit local markets, museums, and attractions where they can observe and interact with native speakers. Encourage them to ask questions and use the phrases from the printable in real-life situations.
Get Children Excited About Travel and Languages
As you embark on your family holiday, remember that language is a gateway to understanding and appreciating different cultures. Our German Phrases Printable is a tool designed to make your children’s language learning journey both educational and entertaining. Embrace the opportunity to create lasting memories and foster a love for languages in your kiddies. Gute Reise und viel Spaß! (Safe travels and have fun!)
Sarah Christie is a craft, food, cruise, and family travel blogger Extraordinary Chaos, Cruising For All and Mini Travellers. Known for her unique perspective and ability to find beauty in chaos, Sarah designs and creates craft projects as well as creating recipes for people who want to cook from scratch the easy way. Whilst also exploring family travel and how to navigate it.