Benvenuto! Welcome to an exciting adventure of language and fun as you embark on a holiday with your kiddies. Whether you’re exploring the charming streets of Rome or enjoying the beautiful beaches of Spiaggia dei Conigli, introducing your children to basic Italian phrases can add an extra layer of joy to your family vacation. To make things easier for you, we’ve created a handy free PDF Italian Travel Phrases Printable that parents can take on holiday for the kiddies. Let’s dive into the world of language and exploration! See more travel phrases for kids.
Should We Encourage Our Kids To Try Local Italian Phrases When Travelling
Language learning at a young age enhances cognitive development and fosters cultural understanding and communication skills. Moreover, it makes travelling even more exciting as your kiddies can actively participate in conversations with locals. It’s also a sign of respect to try to speak Italian when visiting Italy, and helps kiddies engage and learn.
Our Italian Travel Phrases Printables are Designed Specifically for Kiddies
Featuring essential phrases and expressions that will come in handy during your holiday. From greetings and polite expressions to simple questions and phrases for ordering food, we’ve curated a list that will make your child’s language learning experience enjoyable.
50 Travel Phrases For Children To Use In Italy
- Ciao – Hello
- Grazie – Thank you
- Per favore – Please
- Scusa – Excuse me
- Sì – Yes
- No – No
- Arrivederci – Goodbye
- Come stai? – How are you?
- Mi chiamo… – My name is…
- Parli inglese? – Do you speak English?
- Bagno – Bathroom
- Mangiare – Eat
- Bere – Drink
- Acqua – Water
- Grazie mille – Thank you very much
- Prego – You’re welcome
- Quanto costa? – How much does it cost?
- Puoi aiutarmi? – Can you help me?
- Mi piace – I like it
- Non mi piace – I don’t like it
- Dove si trova…? – Where is…?
- L’aeroporto – The airport
- La spiaggia – The beach
- Il treno – The train
- L’hotel – The hotel
- Il cibo – The food
- Il negozio – The store
- L’animale – The animal
- Il parco – The park
- Il gelato – Ice cream
- Il museo – The museum
- Lo zoo – The zoo
- L’autobus – The bus
- L’auto – The car
- La mappa – The map
- La città – The city
- La montagna – The mountain
- Il bosco – The forest
- Il fiume – The river
- Il lago – The lake
- Il mare – The sea
- Il sole – The sun
- La pioggia – The rain
- La neve – The snow
- Le stelle – The stars
- La luna – The moon
- Il vento – The wind
- Il cielo – The sky
- Le nuvole – The clouds
- Buon viaggio! – Have a good trip!
Get Our Free Italian Travel Phrases Printable
Simply click here or on the image to get our free Italian Travel Phrases Printables for kiddies to take along on their travels.
Ways To Use Our Free Printable Italian Travel Phrases
- Role-playing: Engage in role-playing scenarios where your kiddies can play different roles, such as a waiter at an Italian café or a friendly local. This will help them practice using the phrases in real-life situations.
- Daily Challenges: Challenge your children to use at least one Italian phrase each day. This can be a fun game that encourages them to actively apply what they’ve learned.
- Language Games: Introduce simple language games that involve the phrases on the printable. For example, a scavenger hunt where they have to find and match the Italian phrase to a corresponding image.
- Cultural Exploration Enhance your kiddies’ learning experience by immersing them in Italian culture. Visit local markets, museums, and attractions where they can observe and interact with native speakers. Encourage them to ask questions and use the phrases from the printable in real-life situations.
Get Children Excited About Travel and Languages
As you embark on your family holiday, remember that language is a gateway to understanding and appreciating different cultures. Our Italian Phrases Printable is a tool designed to make your children’s language learning journey both educational and entertaining. Embrace the opportunity to create lasting memories and foster a love for languages in your kiddies. Buon viaggio e buon divertimento! (Safe travels and have fun!)
Sarah Christie is a craft, food, cruise, and family travel blogger Extraordinary Chaos, Cruising For All and Mini Travellers. Known for her unique perspective and ability to find beauty in chaos, Sarah designs and creates craft projects as well as creating recipes for people who want to cook from scratch the easy way. Whilst also exploring family travel and how to navigate it.