I love maps, well in fact I’d probably go so far as to say I’m a little obsessed with them. I always wanted an office full of old maps and whilst I’m still not there yet I am adding to my collection on a fairly regular basis. So when I was asked if I’d like to review the Future Mapping Company Magnetic Map I jumped at the chance.
It was the Classic world map that I settled upon after spending quite some time studying the website.
I could have chosen most of them, I very nearly settled on one of the future maps which show an alternative map perspective. I love these maps that change the way you see the world with more accurate representation of country size. I’d also love to paper a whole wall with their wallpaper too.
But I settled on the classic world map because it is a contemporary tribute to the familiar schoolroom map and is the perfect map for all ages, suiting both me and the kids. It’s bright and it’s colourful giving you the impression of a simply fun map but the level of detail is what sets it apart from many maps of a similar type.
There are compass references, political borders, major peaks, sea depth layers and even plate tectonic boundaries.
You can also turn all of their maps into a noticeboard, plot your next trip or mark points of interest with their magnetic maps.
All of the maps can be ordered with a magnetic finish like we have. The paper print is encapsulated in plastic then hand-mounted onto flexible sheet metal.
The supplied magnetic strips can be used to fix the map to the wall with ease, or you can add a frame or hanging rails to your order on the product page. A free magnet pack is also included with every magnetic map, containing a selection of strong stainless steel magnetic balls and cylinders.
My kids loved adding the magnetic balls to the map for all the places we have recently visited.
The quality of the finish is beautiful and I really do love the way the map looks hanging above the fireplace in my office.
The lovely folk at The Future Mapping Company have given me one of the unframed Classic Maps with a magnetic finish (worth £75) to giveaway to one of my lovely readers. All you need to do is enter by Rafflecopter below:
Good luck to all!
Check out my other giveaways here.
Know someone who would like to win too? Please do share it with your friends and families!
Terms and Conditions Apply below!
This competition is open to residents of the UK.
• All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
• Supplying an email address within the Rafflecopter widget means that the entrant is willing to be added to all Promoters mailing list. Upon receipt of any correspondence from these companies, the entrant will be free to unsubscribe at any time.
• All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date.
• All prizes are non-transferable and there is no alternative.
• Winner will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter and the winners will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
• The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
• Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
• English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
• By submitting an entry through Rafflecopter, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway
• Each winning entry will be validated, and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that Rafflecopter entry, a new winner will be chosen
• Each Rafflecopter entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such. Any incorrect entries from the winner only make these entry methods invalid, not all the winners’ entries. The winning entry method from them will still be valid as long as it complies with our other terms and conditions.
• Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
• The competition may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion.
Karen Beddow founded Mini Travellers in 2014 while doing what she loves most...going on holiday!
Mini Travellers is for parents looking for holiday ideas, destination reviews, days out and things to do with the kids. We also have family travel tips, activity ideas and all other things family holiday related. Take a look at some of our latest reviews for holidays and day trips in the UK.