You may have thought about going, you may have booked but not been yet or you may have been to Center Parcs before, however here are 10 Things you may not know about Center Parcs.
- A week for 2 adults and 3 children in August at Woburn will cost you £2248, but it could cost as much as £6298 for a luxury 4 bedroom lodge with outdoor hot tub.
- A weekend in January could be booked for as little as £326.
- Whinfell was previously opened as ‘Oasis Lakeland Holiday Village’ in 1997 before being bought by Center Parcs in 2001 – as Oasis, it included a Burger King and a Hard Rock Café!
- Center Parcs was a concept which began in the Netherlands in the Sixties. It arrived in the UK in 1987 and signalled the beginning of year-round holidays in the UK to a market fed up with sitting, shivering, in a car, hoping to find a leisure centre open
- Center Parcs is currently building its first holiday complex in the Republic of Ireland. The £203 million centre in Newcastle Wood, Co. Longford is due to open in 2019 and is expected to create 1,750 jobs.
6.You can buy a Centre Parcs day pass from Center Parcs if you want people to visit you whilst you’re on site but these at last gasp cost. Costs PER DAY for Centre Parcs day pass are as follows:
3 and under – Free . Under 12 – £31.50 . 12+ – £41.50 Group of 4 (must include 1 Adult) – £136
(Centre Parcs day pass price 2019). You need to call to arrange. Or you could book these people in to your lodge if you have occupancy availability.
7. It’s pretty much always full – they have an annual occupancy rate exceeding 97 percent across its five parks.
8. The Watersports Lake at Elveden Forest is the largest of all Villages. In fact, it’s so big that it can be classed as a reservoir.
9. No personal cars are allowed into the villages except on arrival and departure days. Make sure you can stay all week!
10. You can do Center Parcs on a budget when you get there, and North East Family Fun have a great post showing you how!
Why not check out these family friendly alternatives to Center Parcs!
Save this to Pinterest to plan your next holiday