I have to say I have been a little put off visiting Corsica in the past. Some friends of ours went years ago and it rained for two weeks solid. It is affectionately know as “CorsicaGate” in our circle of friends. However every single other person I have spoken to LOVES it and I decided to have a look at all the reasons to visit Corsica with the kids.
1. Lonely Planet says “Sailing, kayaking, walking, biking, or simply dipping your toes or snorkel mask in clear turquoise waters: life on this island is fairytale belle (beautiful).
2. There is a Mark Warner resort there called San Luciana Beach Resort. We are Mark Warner Family Ambassadors this year and having tried out their Ski Holiday earlier this year and currently being in Turkey at Sea Garden – I think we should head to Corsica to check out that resort too! Just to compare you understand. My kids loved the childcare and the family atmosphere in both resorts so I know it would work for them. Whilst I haven’t been lots of other bloggers have and their reviews of this wonderful resort can be found in this review by Amanda who writes The Ana Mum Diary.
3. There are loads of places where you can do escorted donkey treks. My three would adore this as the quick 5 minutes on the beach at Blackpool never seems to fulfil them! I’m not sure why this is a ‘thing’ in Corsica but it sounds like a fun ‘thing’ to me!
4. It is often described as dramatic and beautiful which I think probably sums up my children just as well as it does Corsica, so for that reason alone I think we should go!
5. We can easily combine a week in Italy with a week in Corsica as we can get the ferry from Italy to Corsica so easily. Arriving to an island by ferry and getting a real sense of the place can be incredibly beautiful.
6. If we don’t want to go via Italy, we can fly. It is only a 2 maximum 3 hour flight from the UK which makes it perfectly doable for a short (or long) trip.
7. The average summer weather temperature despite my friends experience is usually a balmy 25 degrees which is great for kids, not too hot and not too cold.
Karen Beddow founded Mini Travellers in 2014 while doing what she loves most...going on holiday!
Mini Travellers is for parents looking for holiday ideas, destination reviews, days out and things to do with the kids. We also have family travel tips, activity ideas and all other things family holiday related. Take a look at some of our latest reviews for holidays and day trips in the UK.