Porto Katsiki in Lefkada is often voted one of the ten best beaches in Greece.
At the southern tip of Lefkada and 45 minutes from Mousses where we are staying we wondered if it was worth making the effort to visit Porto Katsiki. Could the view really be that good?
Oh and if you’re wondering about Mousses then it really is that good – we went twice! Have a read and I think you’ll see why we went back to Mousses Villas Lefkada these family friendly villas in Greece. For a more detailed review of our visit last year, click here.
It is definitely worth the effort and the views are quite simply stunning.
These are my top tips for an easier family visit to Porto Katsiki, Lefkada.
1. Get there early for a spot at the back of the beach. I’d aim for 9 if you can. The cliffs provide a natural shade. No need to carry umbrellas down the 99 steps if you will only stay a few hours.
2. Yes I said 99 steps! So make sure you don’t take too much with you. Getting down is fine, but depending on the age of your kids you may have to carry them back up as well as all your stuff!
3. There is a bar at the top of the steps that delivers food to the beach. They have runners who literally run up and down the steps with coffees, sandwiches, huge doughnuts and cold drinks. I really didn’t need to take the huge ‘heavy’ picnic with me! (We visited 1st week of June and it was open, a reader has just advised it wasn’t open in May. The bar is called Bivili but I couldn’t find a website to check)
4. Pack goggles or a snorkel and mask. The sea is crystal blue and you can see the fish swimming around.
5. The beach is predictable for Lefkada very stoney, but there are patches of sand and we did build a sandcastle.
1 - Join our Reviews and Recommendations Facebook Group here which includes lots of ideas for things to do - you can post your own recommendations too.
2 - Buy our debut novel for boys and girls ages 7-11 The Little Museum (an exciting adventure set in France)
3 - Click here to leave Mini Travellers a Google Review.
4 - Share this post with your friends
5 - Follow Mini Travellers on the following platforms :
Thank you for your support as always.