This Animal Kingdom Touring Plan with Under 5’s has been designed to take into account the fact that we have small children and will not want to cross the park very often to get from ride to ride. It also takes into account our starting point at Tusker House and the time of shows on that day.
Tip: Pick up a Park Map and Entertainment Schedule on the way in.
In our Animal Kingdom Touring Plan we have Tusker House breakfast booked for 8.05 which is directly adjacent to Kilimanjaro Safaris one of the few attractions in all of Walt Disney World where (apparently) experiencing it first thing in the morning can offer a significantly better experience than later in the day.
Fast Passes to be Booked when 30 days out: Kali River Rapids (9.45-10.45 booked) ; DINOSAUR (13.25-14.25 booked), Festival of Lion King (14.30-14.50 booked)
NB: Number in brackets correspond to numbers on Disney’s Guide Map.
- 9-10: Kilimanjaro Safari (18) (takes 20 mins) Africa; Then collect Wilderness Explorer challenge info from Wilderness Explorer point in Africa.
- 10 -11 Head to Asia and ride Kali River Rapids (35) (FP booked) Flights of Wonder (33) and Maharajah Jungle Trek (34)
- 11-12 Head to Discovery Island and ride It’s Tough to be a Bug (5) Discovery Island Trails and see the Exhibits at the Tree of Life.
- 12-1 Lunch/Snack Possibly Flame Tree Barbecue and Pizzafari, both on Discovery Island then The Boneyard Playground (45) in Dinoland
- 1pm Finding Nemo Musical Show in Dinoland USA (47) takes 40 minutes followed by TriceraTop Spin (49) and DINOSAUR (50) [FP+ 2pm ish]
- 2-3pm Wilderness Explorers time and wander back to Africa and do Pagani Forest Exploration Trail before or after
- 3pm Festival of the Lion King ( FP+) (30 mins)
Why not PIN this Animal Kingdom Touring Plan for another day!
NB: Photo Credit to Extraordinary Chaos who has some great Top Tips to Animal Kingdom here.
Karen Beddow founded Mini Travellers in 2014 while doing what she loves most...going on holiday!
Mini Travellers is for parents looking for holiday ideas, destination reviews, days out and things to do with the kids. We also have family travel tips, activity ideas and all other things family holiday related. Take a look at some of our latest reviews for holidays and day trips in the UK.