Today we will look at Where To Meet Santa Claus in Lancashire in 2023. With the festive season just around the corner, what better way to usher in the magic of Christmas than by meeting Santa Claus himself? In Lancashire, the enchanting landscapes and welcoming communities provide the perfect backdrop for a holiday filled with wonder and joy. A particular favourite of ours is Gawthorpe Hall, our boys loved it growing up.
From charming winter wonderlands to festive grottos, Lancashire offers a plethora of magical experiences for families and friends alike. Get ready to immerse yourself in the spirit of the season as we unveil the best locations to make cherished memories with Santa Claus in Lancashire this Christmas.
Ribby Hall Village’s NEW Santa’s Grotto Experience
Step into an enchanted wonderland in this all-new Grotto experience. Your journey begins as you walk through the magical festive woodland in search of Santa’s Elves. This interactive trail leads you to Santa’s Grotto, where you’ll gather reindeer dust, cast magical spells and write your Christmas Wish List under the guidance of Head Elf. The magic continues as you step inside to meet the Big Man himself. Remember this special moment with a souvenir family photo and a cuddly toy for the little ones.
- Tickerts are £25 per child
- Location: The Island
- Includes: Festive lights walk-through trail with interactive stations and photo opportunities, meet & greet with Head Elf, personal meet & greet with Santa, customised cuddly toy for each child and family souvenir photo (one per child).
Visit Santa at Affinity Fylde Coast Lancashire
Get ready to visit Santa for FREE at Affinity Lancashire in his magical Christmas grotto – each weekend in December!
Visits to the grotto are free of charge and each visiting child will receive a small gift. With a lovely photo opportunity waiting, our magical grotto will make your visit to Affinity Lancashire extra special!
No booking is necessary, however there may be a short wait especially at busy times.
Please note that Mrs Claus makes lunch for Santa at 1pm daily, so he will need to take a short break at this time.
- Every weekend from 25 November between 11am and 4pm.
- Plus Christmas Eve between 11am and 2pm.
Santa at Brockholes Nature Reserve Preston.
Meet him in his workshop set against the backdrop of the beautiful Meadow Lake. Each child will have five minutes to talk with Santa and choose their very own toy from his workshop, there will also be ample opportunities to take photographs.
Appointments are available between 9.30am and 4.30pm, in 60 minute time slots.
- Saturday 25 November 2023
- 9:30am – 4:00pm
- £13.00 per child, but book early; there is no charge for accompanying adults.
Breakfast With Santa at Heskin Hall Chorley
Santa is visiting Heskin Hall this year to enjoy a festive breakfast. Children can choose from a selection of cereals or pancakes with syrup & fruit & a drink, whilst adults can choose a cooked English breakfast followed by some Chat to Santa’s Elves.
The Elves will interact with the child whilst having an activity session and meeting Santa who will give each child a selection box gift to take away.
- Price, Child – £8.50
- Adult – 7.50
- Adult & 1 child – £14
- Family ( 2 adults & 3 children) £30
- Dates, 26 Nov 2023, 17 Dec 2023, 22 Dec 2023
Sail to Santa at WWT Martin Mere, Burscough, Chorley
Make your Christmas extra magical with a visit to a Sail to Santa Day. Cruise over to Santa’s Island, where you can meet Santa and his elves and engage in festive crafting activities at the Elves’ workshop.
- Each ticket includes:
- A Boat trip to see Santa on his island with his elves.
- Visit to Santa.
- A gift
- Make your own reindeer food, decorate a wooden Christmas tree decoration and decorate a biscuit.
- Price, £17 per child (does not include admission for the child)
- Date, weekends in December, plus 21 – 23 December.
Santa Train at Windmill Animal Farm, Burscough, Chorley
Secure your Santa Train Compartment for a delightful experience with full-day access to this wonderful farm attraction, where all our animals will be immersed in the festive spirit!
Each compartment provides entry for a maximum of 4 individuals, including infants, at a total cost of £85. If your group exceeds 4 people, consider booking 2 Santa Train Compartments.
Celebrate this special family moment in the cozy seclusion of your private enclosed compartment as you journey to meet Santa. Be on the lookout for the enchanting herd of Fallow deer upon arriving at the lake view station. Santa awaits in his new magical grand grotto to warmly welcome you and your family.
- Date, 2nd -23rd December 2023.
- Price, £85 for 4 in a train compartment.
A Victorian Christmas and Santa at Gawthorpe Hall Padiham
Immerse yourself in the holiday cheer with a visit to Gawthorpe Hall’s Victorian Christmas. Experience the Hall adorned in a traditional festive style and delve into the Christmas feasts of the Kay-Shuttleworth family in the Dining Room.
Explore the open Victorian kitchen, where the housekeeper will reveal the secrets behind a genuine plum pudding. Enjoy festive tunes from the Crickmore Crewe, engage in craft activities for children, and have the chance to meet Father Christmas (advance booking recommended).
Indulge in the spirit of giving with handmade gifts available for purchase from the Friends of Gawthorpe Group. Stay cozy with a hot beverage from the Coffee Vintage Citroen van. Admission is required for this special Hall opening.
- Price; £6 for adults, £4 for concessions, and free entry for those under 16. This applies to both non-members and National Trust members alike.
- Date, 2nd and 3rd December, 11-3.30pm
- Call 01282 771004 Booking required to see Father Christmas (1 adult per child). No booking needed to visit Hall only.
Lunch with Father Christmas at The Lawrence in Padiham
Enjoy a three-course Sunday lunch, which will include a present and a kids’ disco
- Date, 3rd December 1 pm and 2 pm.
- Price, £30 per person and £15 for children
Santa Specials at West Lancashire Light Railway Hesketh Bank
Join Santa and his elves on a short ride on a Santa Special steam train to Toyland, and meet Father Christmas! Children receive a present from Santa, and adults can enjoy a glass of mulled wine or fruit punch, and a mince pie. Hot food will be available, and a children’s fairground ride.
- Dates, December 3rd, 9th, 10th, 16th & 17th
- Price, £14.00. Compartment tickets are available – suitable for families or groups with 4 adults and 4 children. £80.
Lunch with Santa at The Wrightington Hotel and Spa
Join The Wrightington Hotel and Spa for ‘Lunch with Santa’. Enjoy a festive three course carvery lunch and a visit to Santa’s grotto where the cheeky elf and the man himself await with gifts for all! A lovely festive family day!
Please note payment is required in full at the time of booking and your parties menu pre-order will be required by 6th November. Payments are non-refundable or transferable.
- Dates, Sunday 3rd December – Now Fully Booked, Sunday 10th December – Now Fully Booked, Sunday 17th December – Very Limited Availability
- Price, £27 per adult, £19 children under 10 years
Visit Santa Claus at Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Visit Santa Claus in his Grotto and enjoy the festive fun experiences, guided by our magical elves through our winter wonderland. Make your way through our Christmas Grotto where you will meet Miss Christmas Eve who will give children a ‘Do It Yourself’ bauble-making kit, and a brief description of how to put it together.
Then as you pass Santa’s reindeer don’t forget to collect your ‘Magic Reindeer Food’ & a ‘Magic Key’ so Santa can leave you presents even if you don’t have a chimney! Then after you have travelled through the Grotto you can stroll along Heidi Strasse and enjoy our Christmas-themed games*.
- Tickets, from £16.99 per child, On the day price: £20.99 (2 accompanying adults allowed)
- Dates throughout November and December.
Sarah Christie is a craft, food, cruise, and family travel blogger Extraordinary Chaos, Cruising For All and Mini Travellers. Known for her unique perspective and ability to find beauty in chaos, Sarah designs and creates craft projects as well as creating recipes for people who want to cook from scratch the easy way. Whilst also exploring family travel and how to navigate it.