Are you abroad this Half Term or having a Staycation in the UK? We are lucky enough to be in Cyprus and having a fabulous time but whilst me and hubby would put Sun as a top requirement in choosing our Summer holidays, would the kids, or would they put something else??
Booking.com (a website with a diverse range of accommodation that I use loads for booking hotels last minute in the UK) has undertaken a global survey of over 22,500 children aged 5-15 years old to find out exactly what they think makes their family holidays amazing.
From fast Wi-Fi and the chance to take cool social media photos, to the bounciest beds and staying up late, children from around the world stated exactly what they prioritised on their travels. When I asked mine they said lots of ice cream, a fun pool and being able to do craft!
Key highlights of the Booking.com survey include:
· 89% of 12-15 year olds prioritised a strong Wi-Fi connection as essential
· Having the chance to take cool photos for social media was important for nearly half (44%)
· Staying near a pool/water slides (73%) or beach (58%) are the top 2 priorities for 5-11 year olds
Mine would totally agree with this!
· One in five 5-11 year olds look to stay somewhere with a room bigger than they have at home (24%) and with bouncy beds (22%),
· One in ten (10%) 5-11 year olds expect holiday staff to be good at telling jokes
If you are planning a staycation, the UK was rated the best place to find historical sites such as castles and museums, so you can educate your children even outside of school hours! Booking.com has a huge breadth of diverse properties in the UK and abroad, including houseboats, hostels, B&B’s and apartments, making it perfect for booking family travel this half term. Plus, with Booking Experiences you can also book tickets for the best sights in London.
NB: This post is in collaboration with Booking.com
Karen Beddow founded Mini Travellers in 2014 while doing what she loves most...going on holiday!
Mini Travellers is for parents looking for holiday ideas, destination reviews, days out and things to do with the kids. We also have family travel tips, activity ideas and all other things family holiday related. Take a look at some of our latest reviews for holidays and day trips in the UK.