We love a list here at Mini Travellers but when one of our writers was planning to head off on holiday abroad for the first time with her 6-month-old baby, she couldn’t find a Checklist or Packing List that she thought had everything on, so she put a lot of ideas together, and the Ultimate Packing List for Travelling Abroad with Babies and Toddlers was created!
This is a screen shot of the list but if you click on the list it comes up as a PDF which you can print off – useful right! The list also contains some links through to products we really love too. Btw if you do click on these and do make a purchase we may make a few pennies (only a few though!).
Ultimate Packing List for Travelling Abroad with Your Baby
Transporting your child
- Stroller/pushchair with shade for hot holidays!
- Car seat
On the Plane
- Books Blanket
- Sleeping bag
- Feeding equipment (suggested to feed on take-off and landing to help their ears)
- Change of clothes/sleepsuit
- Change bag
- Sanitising water (needed all holiday)
- Travel cot/pop up moses basket
- Fitted sheets/sheets Sleeping bags (check tog ratings)
- Room thermometer (could double for the bath too if you get a multifunction one)
- Baby monitor
- Night light
- Travel black out blind Torch for parents trying to find things in unfamiliar rooms!
- Mosquito net
In the pool/on the beach
- Sun suit
- Sun hat
- Sunglass strap
- Sun tent
- Swim flotation
- Swim nappies/Happy Nappy Towels
- Bag for wet clothes
- Pool shoes if toddling
- Body wash
- Shampoo (Cradle Cap) Eye wipes
- Face Wipes
- Hair and body wash (great for after swimming)
- Inflatable bath
- Sun Lotion
- Coconut oil (great for everything)
- Universal plug (convert your sink into a baby bath)
Medicine Essentials For Babies
- Colic drops
- Medicine dispenser
- Teething gel
- Nappy Rash Cream
- First Aid Kit
Feeding Essentials When Travelling With Babies
- Cleaning equipment Sterilising bags or steriliser Breast pump
- Weaning pots
- Bibs (disposables?)
- Bags to keep things in when out and about
- High chair/booster seat
Baby Clothes (Will you be able to wash things easily?)
- Body Suits
- Washing line
- Ear defenders (if taking children out and wanting to help sleep)
- Travel stair gate Reins
- Plug adapters CDs for travel and bedtime
- Playmat (it’s unlikely there will be much carpet)
So without further ado here is our list, if you think there should be something else on it, and we are missing anything please do let us know in the comments. We love feedback particularly if it is going to be useful to other new parents.
1. Great list. One thing you could consider is rather than buy expensive black out blind which often does not fit the window correctly or as we found cover patio doors we now take a roll of tin foil. Perfect black out. Cheap. Easy to apply. Made to fit any window. 😊
Why not Shop the List!
Travel Black Out Blind! Just £22.49 at the moment on Amazon!
Bath & Room Thermometer Just £12.99 on Amazon
Pin for later?
Karen Beddow founded Mini Travellers in 2014 while doing what she loves most...going on holiday!
Mini Travellers is for parents looking for holiday ideas, destination reviews, days out and things to do with the kids. We also have family travel tips, activity ideas and all other things family holiday related. Take a look at some of our latest reviews for holidays and day trips in the UK.