As we live in the North West, a lot of the reviews of days out we have written ourselves are within an hour of Manchester or Liverpool. Living in this part of the world you need to be prepared to head out come rain or shine.
So what are are our top five things to do near Manchester and Liverpool with the kids? In no particular order:
1. Speke Hall, Liverpool A national trust property just north of Liverpool with loads for the kids to do.
2. Chirk Castle, Chirk Another national trust property just outside Wrexham with fantastic garden to run around and explore.
3. Chester Zoo Here at Mini Travellers we are members but often take friends and family who are visiting for a day out.
4. Albert Dock, Liverpool You can’t beat a wander round the docks and a trip on the wheel. Three free museums too.
5. Gullivers World Warrington A toddlers paradise.