Ten Things I Didn’t Know About Camping With Kids!!
1. My kids can sleep past 7.30am without black out blinds! Letting them run wild in a field until 11pm clearly helps!
2. You can’t eat too many pork based products in one weekend. Ribs, kebabs, sausages, bacon, burgers – you get the idea.
3. It is possible to have a proper coffee on a campsite. If you go with organised seasoned campers.
4. You can sleep in a double sleeping bag with your husband on an airbed in a space as big (just) as said air bed. If you’ve drunk enough red wine and don’t really want to actually sleep as much as doze.
5. Potties are still useable whether your kids are 2 or fully toilet trained and 4 and 5, particularly at 3am!
6. Campsites exist that have showers with warm water and heated floors. Still covered in grass naturally but you need to get back to nature a little.
7. You can cook your breakfast on a proper stove with a view like this without paying a fortune for the privilege, and if your kids sleep longer than your fellow camping buddies you might even get it cooked for you.
8. Kids regard washing up in a sink in a field fun and you enjoy letting them as they aren’t destroying your kitchen.
9. It’s like one long BBQ punctuated only by trying to sleep in said air bed!
10. You can have a LOT of fun, just choose your camping buddies wisely like we did and make sure you have the right kit!
Why not PIN this for later!
Karen Beddow founded Mini Travellers in 2014 while doing what she loves most...going on holiday!
Mini Travellers is for parents looking for holiday ideas, destination reviews, days out and things to do with the kids. We also have family travel tips, activity ideas and all other things family holiday related. Take a look at some of our latest reviews for holidays and day trips in the UK.