Are you a picnic type of family? W always take a picnic on a day trip or a long journey. We always did as kids and now as Mum I know why. It’s not only to do with the cost, it is the convenience too. My kids always want to have eaten said picnic by 11 on a day out, so if you have it with you, you avoid those, can we eat now Mummy wails from 5 minutes into the trip. These are my top ten things to include in a picnic!
1. Ham sandwiches/wraps (the soggier the better!)
2. Mini sausages/scotch eggs
3. Crushed fruit squeezies – Not a sponsored inclusion, they just LOVE them!
4. Quavers (as I can’t stand them so don’t eat them!)
5. Raisins (even though they go EVERYWHERE!)
6. Chocolate (Yes it melts I know but it is an essential)
7. Fruit Shoot/bottle of some sickly sweet fruit drink
8. Water (for me, got to be something in there they don’t want!)
10. Tiger Prawn, Feta, and Tomato Pesto Pasta
This is what I would really like to be in my picnic! What is usually in my picnic is a ham sandwich as per No1 above! This recipe is so easy though, you literally throw all the ingredients together and eat it cold straight from the picnic box! This is what I really want to be in my picnic. What is in yours?
‘This is my entry for the www.holidaycottages.co.uk Oh so tasty picnics! competition. You can get involved too. Click this link to read howwww.holidaycottages.co.uk/blog/oh-so-tasty-picnics-blogging-competition’
Karen Beddow founded Mini Travellers in 2014 while doing what she loves most...going on holiday!
Mini Travellers is for parents looking for holiday ideas, destination reviews, days out and things to do with the kids. We also have family travel tips, activity ideas and all other things family holiday related. Take a look at some of our latest reviews for holidays and day trips in the UK.