The smash-hit show Horrible Histories Live On Stage heads to Storyhouse in Chester in two weeks with a double bill set to wow young and old alike and with Mini Travellers you can win a Family Ticket (up to 4 people) for Terrible Tudors show at 5.30pm on Tuesday 5 November 2019.
Enter at the bottom of the post!
We have a great Horrible Histories review here for you!
The first Horrible Histories books were published in 1993, and to celebrate the 25th anniversary the team behind the successful books have brought two titles to life with brand new engaging, entertaining and educational stage shows.
The Horrible Histories double bill of Terrible Tudors and Awful Egyptians will entertain Storyhouse audiences with two hilarious shows featuring eye-popping 3D special effects.
Horrible Histories Live on Stage comes to Storyhouse in Chester from Tuesday 5 November to Friday 8 November 2019. Tickets are on sale now and group rates are available.
Horrible Histories Live on Stage is written by Terry Deary from his bestselling Horrible Histories books. Terry Deary is the world’s bestselling non-fiction author for children and one of the most popular children’s authors in the country. He has written 200 books which have been translated into 40 different languages. Over the past 25 years, his 50 Horrible Histories titles have sold over 25 million copies worldwide from China to Brazil.
Terrible Tudors gives visitors the chance to take a trip through the horrible Henrys to the end of evil Elizabeth and hear the legend (and the lies!) about the torturing Tudors. Find out the fate of Henry’s headless wives and his punch-up with the Pope. Meet Bloody Mary and see Ed fall dead in his bed. Survive the Spanish Armada as it sails into the audience! Terrible Tudors runs from Tuesday 5 November to Friday 8 November 2019.
Awful Egyptians invites you to meetthe fascinating Pharaohs, gasp at the power of the pyramids, and discover the foul facts of death and decay with the meanest mummies in Egypt. Are you ready to rumble with Ramesses the Great? Dare you enter through the Gates of the Afterlife? It’s the history of Egypt with the nasty bits left in! Awful Egyptians runs from Wednesday 6 November to Friday 8 November 2019.
A special feature of the productions are the amazing Bogglevision 3D effects. Among an array of 3D-illusions the audience will see the Spanish Armada firing cannonballs into the auditorium or the Mummy reaching out to grab them!
Birmingham Stage Company are also currently celebrating their 25th anniversaryand are one of the world’s top theatre companies for families. Their acclaimed productions include David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny and Awful Auntie, and Roald Dahl’s George’s Marvellous Medicine. They have been producing Horrible Histories Live on Stage since 2005, including the record-breaking West End series of Barmy Britain.
These two hilarious historical journeys through the squelchiest and yuckiest moments in British and Egyptian history are perfect entertainment for anyone aged from 5 to 105!
Tickets are on sale now and range in price from £13.50 for children under 14, to £18.50 for adults. Each ticket is subject to a £1.50 booking fee.
WHAT THE CRITICS SAY ABOUT HORRIBLE HISTORIES
‘A brilliantly fun piece of educational theatre that taught this
history graduate a few new things’
‘Is this any way for children to learn about history? Too right it is!
If lessons were always like this, kids would be queuing at the school gates!’
‘Mortgage the school if you have to. Ransom the governors, even.
No child or adult should be denied the chance to see this:
live theatre and history at its rip-roaring best’
Times Educational Supplement
‘These actors should be in every school history class across the land.
Or given how little most us know, maybe every living room!’
‘Wholly accessible, educating, entertaining and enjoyable,
Horrible Histories live on stage is a tour de force. Five stars out of five!’
Tuesday 5 November 2019 – Friday 8 November 2019
Hunter Street, Chester, CH1 2AR
Tickets £13.50 children under 14 / £18.50 adults
Each ticket is subject to a £1.50 booking fee
HORRIBLE HISTORIES: TERRIBLE TUDORS
Tuesday 5 November 2019 – Friday 8 November 2019
Tuesday 5 November 2019 at 5.30pm
Wednesday 6 November 2019 at 1.30pm
Thursday 7 November 2019 at 6pm
Friday 8 November 2019 at 10.30am
HORRIBLE HISTORIES: AWFUL EGYPTIANS
Wednesday 6 November 2019 – Friday 8 November 2019
Wednesday 6 November 2019 at 10.30am
Thursday 7 November 2019 at 10.30am
Friday 8 November 2019 at 6pm
HOW TO BOOK
Online: Visit www.storyhouse.com
By Phone: Call 01244 409 113
In person: Visit the Ticket Kiosks at Storyhouse, Hunter Street, Chester, CH1 2AR
To enter our Competition, please read the Terms & Conditions below the Rafflecopter Entry Box
The Family Ticket is for up to 4 people to see Terrible Tudors show at 5.30pm on Tuesday 5 November 2019. No other show can be arranged.
Check out my other giveaways here.
Know someone who would like to win too? Please do share it with your friends and families!
Terms and Conditions Apply below!
This competition is open to residents of the UK.
• All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
• Supplying an email address within the Rafflecopter widget means that the entrant is willing to be added to all Promoters mailing list. Upon receipt of any correspondence from these companies, the entrant will be free to unsubscribe at any time.
• All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date.
• All prizes are non-transferable and there is no alternative.
• Winner will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter and the winners will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
• The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
• Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
• English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
• By submitting an entry through Rafflecopter, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway
• Each winning entry will be validated, and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that Rafflecopter entry, a new winner will be chosen
• Each Rafflecopter entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such. Any incorrect entries from the winner only make these entry methods invalid, not all the winners’ entries. The winning entry method from them will still be valid as long as it complies with our other terms and conditions.
• Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
• The competition may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion.