If like me, you don’t think you can go to a festival without glitter then read on. Here is my biggest tip about Festival Glitter!
My biggest tip about Festival Glitter, apart from definitely take some to the festival, glitter/face painting queues are always huge, is vaseline! Yes vaseline.
Tips For Festival Glitter Makeup
I’d never had much success with glitter staying on my face before I went to festivals with Caro from The Listed Home who introduced me to the most amazing tip.
Step 1 – Get the glue that comes with the glitter sets, throw it away.
Step 2 – Place vaseline on your face where you want the glitter to stick, in a swirl, circle etc. You can use a brush for this or just your finger.
Step 3 – Add glitter to the vaseline and it will stick. No faffing.
The best bit about vaseline is that its kind to the skin, and comes off easily with soap and water meaning that it comes off easily and readily at the end of the night!
We also love this biodegradable festival glitter from Fun & Glitter. The glitter is home compostable which means it is festival field compostable too! When placed in soil or washed into the sewage system all the ingredients are present for it to biodegrade and you can expect the glitter to normally biodegrade within 90 days. It looks pretty fabulous too.
More Tips For Festival Glitter Makeup And Sparkle
- Use a small brush. A small brush will help you to apply glitter more precisely.
- Start with a light hand. You can always add more glitter, but it’s harder to take it away.
- Be creative. There are no rules when it comes to glitter makeup. Have fun and experiment with different colors and styles.
- Clean up. Glitter can be difficult to remove, so it’s important to clean up when you’re done. Use a damp cloth to wipe away any excess glitter.
- Avoid getting glitter in your eyes. Glitter can be irritating to the eyes, so be careful not to get it in them. If you do get glitter in your eyes, flush them with water immediately.
- Pack a makeup remover wipe or cleansing balm to remove glitter at the end of the night.
- Use A Stencil, take pre made stencils
Tips For Festival Glitter Hair
- Choose the right type of glitter. There are many different types of glitter available, so it’s important to choose the right type for your needs. If you’re planning on dancing and sweating, you’ll need a type of glitter that is long-lasting and waterproof.
- Apply glitter carefully. Glitter can be messy, so it’s important to apply it carefully. Use a small brush or your fingers to apply the glitter to your hair.
- Set the glitter with hairspray. Once you’ve applied the glitter, set it with hairspray to help it last longer.
- Be careful not to get glitter in your eyes. Glitter can be irritating to the eyes, so be careful not to get it in them. If you do get glitter in your eyes, flush them with water immediately.
- Have fun! Glitter is a great way to add a little sparkle to your festival look. Don’t be afraid to have fun and experiment with different colors and styles.
Karen Beddow founded Mini Travellers in 2014 while doing what she loves most...going on holiday!
Mini Travellers is for parents looking for holiday ideas, destination reviews, days out and things to do with the kids. We also have family travel tips, activity ideas and all other things family holiday related. Take a look at some of our latest reviews for holidays and day trips in the UK.