We got to choose a ski holiday for the 5 of us at one of the fabulous Mark Warner resorts.
So what do we need to think about when choosing our family ski holiday.
The usual questions such as cost and price are all very happily sorted out for us. Lucky I know. But as parents, these are only the start of the things we look at when booking a holiday. So what are the other things you need to consider when booking a ski holiday with your kids.
These are the things I thought about
1. Where can we fly from? How long is the flight? Who is the flight with? How family friendly are they?
2. Where can we fly to? What is the distance from the airport? How do you then get from the airport to the resort?
3. What rooms are we likely to stay in? What room combinations are available.
4. What food is provided for the children?
5. Is there any childcare? What will it be like? Will we want to use it? What have other people said about it?
6. How far is it to the ski lifts? What sort of ski lift are they? Are they safe for the kids?
7. Will they teach all the kids? If not how will that work?
8. If they don’t like skiing and think skiing is just for daddies. What else will they do when they are there?
9. What time of year should we go? Will January be too cold? Will there be any snow in March. Will it be too busy in the school holidays?
10. Will mum and dad like the hotel once the kids have gone to bed (see how far down the list that is!)
So weighing it all up, we decided that we are going to the Chalet Hotel Aiguille Peercee in Tignes -!! We can fly from Manchester on a short flight with Jet2. The journey time from Grenoble to Tignes isn’t too bad. We can have a family room or an interconnecting room, and they serve meals at sensible times for the kids. The childcare looks AMAZING, and people have raved about it. They won’t teach the twins to ski, but they will take them out for ski fun all morning. If they don’t like skiing there is games and fun play all day anyway. We think early March is just the right time of year, as there will hopefully be enough snow, but it will be a little bit warmer for the girls. And the hotel for us (the last thing on our list if you recall) looks incredible. I am just a little bit excited.*
Is there anything I am missing when considering it all??
*more than a little bit excited!!!
Karen Beddow founded Mini Travellers in 2014 while doing what she loves most...going on holiday!
Mini Travellers is for parents looking for holiday ideas, destination reviews, days out and things to do with the kids. We also have family travel tips, activity ideas and all other things family holiday related. Take a look at some of our latest reviews for holidays and day trips in the UK.