When I think of Mauritius (which I do often, particularly on rainy cold July Summer days in the UK!) I think of endless beaches, cocktails, crystal blue seas and wonderful hotels with rooms that look out at the Indian Ocean. I think of the peace and tranquility in the day and of trendy nightlife in the evening. So these are the 5 Reasons I would go to Mauritius with the Kids.
I then think of the three children I have and wonder how they will fit into that dream! However one look at the Experience Mauritius website and I can see easily how!
So these are the 5 Reasons I would go to Mauritius with Kids:
1. To watch dolphins from a Catamaran launched at Tamarin. The kids would be in heaven watching these beautiful animals in the wild.
2. To spend a fun day out at Caudan Waterfront in Port Louis, with its train ride and children’s park. It looks fantastic.
3. To visit the giant tortoises and crocodiles at La Vanille Nature Park
4. To go Horse-riding, quad-biking and take a horse-drawn carriage or train rides through the beautiful estate of Domaines Les Pailles
5. To spends a day with birds, monkeys and lions at Casela Bird Park
For sure I would definitely spend lots and lots of time on those beautiful sandy beaches whilst sipping cocktails, but there is definitely reasons to visit Mauritius with the kids too!
Things to consider if taking a trip to Mauritius with Kids:
• Take night flights, if at all possible, when travelling with children. This will help avoid jet-lag, but for more info on how to survive jet-lag do take a read of our recent post.
• Take plenty of sunscreen and a suitable child mosquito spray for the evenings.
Here is a further post from Katy at Otis and Us on her 5 Reasons why you should head to Mauritius with Kids too.