Visiting Bluestone in Wales soon? Here are 10 Top Tips!
1.Book a buggy if you’re not up for walking everywhere. Not only are they fun and a novel way to get around – although nowhere is very far (within 5-10 mins to walk.) There’s plenty of buggy parks and recharging points around the resort. Costs from £80 – and remember to take your driving license.
2. Don’t be put off with the booking system. Go through each section and decide what you’d like to do before adding to your itinerary. Booking in for meals is really to ensure you get the time you want – as they do get busy (although am sure you can just turn up but you may just have a wait which with little ones isn’t easy!)
3. The handy downloadable guide is so well done that a little pre-holiday swotting up means you can truly make the most of your break.
4. Take beach/pool towels for the Blue Lagoon. We forgot ours last time and had to buy some at the pool (only a few pounds each each) but still a bit of a pain – as how many do I have at home?
5. Take flat shoes or trainers you will be walking a lot and especially if you visit Camp Smokey (as it’s down some wooden broad walks in the heart of the woods.
6. Be sure to use the Adventure Centre All indoors – so perfect if rain strikes. This is where the messy play sessions were held – but there is also an indoor rock climbing wall, mini golf course, climbing frames, bouncy castles, a soft play/sensory room and for the grown-ups free Wi-Fi and a bar.
7. Don’t overdress. It was very relaxed at Bluestone – I wore jeans, flat shoes, casual Tee’s and cosy knits most of the time.
8. Leave your brollies at home too – as there are big umbrellas already in the room for you to use.
9. There is a Laundry Service! We didn’t use it last time – but may this time as its means I won’t be backed up with washing when we get home!
10. Relax, have fun and most of all Enjoy Yourselves!!