Why you should visit Chester Zoo on a Rainy Day
It was pouring down and we were meeting friends for a day out so we suggested Chester Zoo. I think our friends initially thought we were crazy, but I explained that Chester Zoo is actually a fab place to go on a rainy day and here is why you should visit Chester Zoo on a Rainy Day.
- It is very very quiet. Throughout the year Chester Zoo has a steady stream of visitors and on some Summer Days it can be incredibly busy. However Chester Zoo on a rainy day in Autumn or Winter it is lovely and quiet, you can quite simply have entire areas to yourself.
- Kids usually don’t mind the rain it is only us that does and if they can run around in it in wide open spaces and play happily even better. Chester Zoo on a rainy day also has plenty of puddles to jump in
- There are actually quite a lot of inside attractions. You can spend time in the bat cave, the monkey hut, the butterflies or the orangutans. There is also an inside aquarium, spirit of the jaguar and a tropical realm.
- The playgrounds are usually empty so they can have the place to themselves.
- You can easily spend a full day at the zoo, and when the rain is pouring there aren’t many places you can do that in the rain (we were there 10-3.30 on Sunday).
- There are plenty of indoor cafes to hide away from the rain if you need a break, and there are even inside picnic areas if you want to take your own food.
- If you decide you like Chester Zoo on a rainy day or in the cold, then an annual season ticket will be a fantastic buy for you. You only have to go 3 times a year and you’ve spent your money wisely. Any more times and you are visiting for free!
- There are less queues for the toilets, the boat ride and the monorail (although from time to time you can find these closed if there are high winds too!).
- You still see just as many animals but you don’t have to deal with the crowds round some of the more popular attractions.
- You can have loads and loads of fun. You never know the sun might even come out later on too which is what happened to us!
Pin for later?