So what is the Ergo Pouch Sleeping Bag
An organic cotton sleep suit that can be converted into a sleeping bag with legs, perfect for walkers or moving baby to a car seat.
I reviewed a 1.0 Tog sleep suit bag in size 8-24 months. My little boy is 19 months old.
We gave up using sleeping bags when my son reached around 4/5 months old as he didn’t like the fact that his movement was restricted. Since then we have tried blankets and a toddler duvet which have worked for a short time.
At 19 months my son now sleeps through the night most of the time. However he often wakes up at around 3am and I can feel that his skin is cool, particularly around his tummy, where his pyjama top has ridden up.
We stopped using an all in one baby grow when he started walking as they would always be too long in the leg to be the right size in the body, so that was never a solution.
We were sent the ergo pouch and were really keen to try this out and see if it might keep our son warm during the night. My first thoughts on the ergo pouch were really positive, the product was packaged really well, it comes with a room temperature sensor and a guide with what to dress baby in which is really handy. The fabric is gorgeous, so soft and silky with stretch. The colours and designs are great too. I was really excited to get my son in it, however he had other ideas! Unfortunately my son hated being put in the bag and after a while I had to take it off him as he was so upset. I wondered how I was going to write a review!
We left it a week or so and tried again with a much better response. It is now part of his bedtime routine to get in his ‘bag’!
Remarkably (98% of the time) he sleeps through when wearing this bag! I believe it keeps him at the correct temperature all night but has enough flexibility that he can move around and not feel restricted.
The quality is really good with lovely soft fabric and good zips.
The fit it great, really snug around the chest due to the stretchy fabric.
The design of the legs is something I have never come across before and is genius. I can imagine that for a smaller baby this would be really useful for moving from a car seat. (I’m not sure that the heavier togs should be worn in a car seat as it may be similar to wearing a padded coat and could affect the safety of the fitting of the straps.)
My son got rather frustrated that he still couldn’t walk in the bag, despite being a tall 19 month old in a bag that goes up to 24 months the legs were just too long and he kept tripping over them. I have wondered whether the bag could come without feet or with some sort of poppers to adjust the leg length. This was the biggest issue for us at the start of using the bag, however we altered our routine so that we only put him in the bag just before putting him into his bed.
We now get more sleep so that is worth my money! Along with really exceptional quality and design, this product has won me over. I still think some sort of adjustable leg would be good as I imagine as 3 year old in the 2-4 year old bag will be really annoyed when they can’t walk around. I would definitely recommend trying this product, you will be pleased with it and you may get more sleep!
Cost: £49.99 – £55.99
Togs: 1.0, 2.5 & 3.5 (1.0 has short sleeves, 2.5 & 3.5 have long sleeves)
Sizes: 2-12 months; 8-24 months; 12-36 months; 2-4 years and 4-6 years.
Features: Front Zip. 2 sections of zippers: The top zipper zips down from the top to mid-length of the sleeping bag to get the body in; The bottom zipper has two zippers that can convert to legs or zip up as one into a sleeping bag. Grippers on the feet. Chin protector and poppered flap to cover zip.
Material: Made with Organic Cotton Sheeting filled with Cotton. 100% Cotton filling. Stretchy side panels/inserts made with 95% Organic Cotton and 5% Elastane for flexibility. Cotton Fleece for long sleeve arms.
NB: Alicia received the Ergopouch in order to review but all views and opinions are her own.
We are giving you the chance to WIN an age 2-4 Ergo Pouch of your own for your toddler to try here! Please read the T&C’s below.
This competition is open to residents of the UK.
• All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
• Supplying an email address within the Rafflecopter widget means that the entrant is willing to be added to the Promoter’s mailing list. Upon receipt of any correspondence from these companies, the entrant will be free to unsubscribe at any time.
• All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date.
• All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
• Winners will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter and the winners will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
• The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
• Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
• English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
• By submitting an entry through Rafflecopter, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway
• Each winning entry will be validated, and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that Rafflecopter entry, a new winner will be chosen
• Each Rafflecopter entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such. Any incorrect entries from the winner only make these entry methods invalid, not all the winners’ entries. The winning entry method from them will still be valid as long as it complies with our other terms and conditions.
• Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
• The competition may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion.