The importance of using the right car seats can never be overlooked. Whether you are using the car for a day trip, a holiday or just a trip to the shops, it is important to keep your children as safe as they can be. We all know this, but for some reason more of us are keen to rush our children into booster seats with little or no protection. There have been a number of campaigns about Binning the Booster and swapping those booster seats you may have for high backed ones.
At RRP of £120, the Diono booster is more expensive than your average booster set, but then it does so much more. As a Group 2/3 High Back Booster seat it fits your children from 4-12 years old.
So what does the Monterey2 have? Why is it unique??
1. It has all round protection with EPS foam included throughout the seat and the arm rests.
2. Extra deep metal reinforced wings for side impact protection and a structured seat base for strength, significantly increasing defense against impact.
3. A simple to use dial on the back (I can heartily agree that it is simple to use) adjusts the width of the seat to fit your child for the best fit (perfect to accommodate winter coats), and the 11-position headrest gives your little one support and comfort.
4. It also has integrated ISOFAST connectors and front adjusters which enable you to secure the seat when it isn’t in use. This is great for us as we have two sets of car sets in two cars so I am often driving the car around with no kids in.
5. But the biggest plus for my daughter has to be that the seat bottom features thick AirTek™ foam and tapered sides. We have two booster seats and the one in my husband’s car is nowehere near as comfortable and the three children always fight not to sit in it on longer journeys. There is no such problem with this one, in fact I have the opposite problem and they all want to sit in it!
6. It also has a drinks holder but I have to say we haven’t actually used that feature yet.
You do have to use the instruction booklet to fit it. I know this because obviously my husband didn’t, but once you read what you’re supposed to do, it really is very easy. Getting it out again once you have fitted it is a little trickier, but again I think if you read what you’re supposed to do that will help!
In summary the Diono High Backed Booster is perfect for us. It looks good, it is sturdy and safe, and the big plus for my daughter it is comfortable. Highly recommended. Currently retailing on Amazon for £84.95 which is fantastic value.
You can also see the Diono is action in our Top Tots Video here.
NB: We were sent the Diono Booster Seat for the purpose of this review but all views and opinions are our own.