‘Be prepared’ is a moto that most parents stand by and I personally tend to still go out and about with a bag full of stuff to cover pretty much every eventuality, even though my kids are a little older now!
One thing I always have with me, is something to entertain the kids and I can frequently be seen fishing in the bottom of the bag to locate the Hot Wheels etc. I thought were there!
Teebee solves this problem beautifully. A portable lap tray and storage container in one, it provides your child with a unique, personalised, adaptable and most importantly wipe clean way of taking their most treasured possessions out and about with them.
You also have the opportunity to WIN a Teebee at the bottom of this post!
Coming in 5 different colours, each Teebee contains a sorting tray, brick plate, leather strap, an eye sticker for personalisation (more can be purchased) and a colouring book with colour pencils. The Teebee also comes with a leather strap which allows your child to carry their Teebee out and about with them, brilliant for those who like to be independent (and to reduce what’s in my bag)!
The folding lid has a secure but easy to use clasp which secures the box whilst carrying it about. It easily folds out for play and has a sorting tray that lifts off to access the bigger storage area underneath. Part of the benefit of this unique folding design is that the shape allows the Teebee to sit between your legs with the sides folding onto your lap, creating a unique and secure play space. The sorting tray also clips in to make a 3rd ‘arm’ and another play tray which was great! This was particularly useful when in the car – we often find ourselves fishing for fallen toys which have fallen out of reach in the car, this allows the toys to be played with more securely with (hopefully) less being dropped! We found that we needed to use the strap and attach it to the seatbelt to stop the Teebee overbalancing (although obviously follow any seatbelt safety instructions) otherwise enthusiastic play ensured it ended up on the floor…
We found the Teebee was used in different ways by both our children (aged 5 and 9). The 5-year-old frequently changed the contents of his, this ranged from cars, to Duplo, to Playmobil people and he liked the idea that this was his. The older one used it more as an elaborate handbag- the contents stayed the same, but she packed a great deal in! The younger one was also less interested in the contents that came with the Teebee (colouring book, pencils, bricks etc) but this was an integral part of the use for our 9-year-old who enjoyed working her way through the brick instructions (some of which were more complex) and the different challenges in the activity book. She also liked looking at the suggested ways of filling the Teebee and as a result, Loom Bands have made a come-back in our house again!
Another feature of the Teebee is that it can be thoroughly cleaned and so can be used as a handy (and rather generous) lunchbox. We did try this on a couple of occasions, but the children objected to this as they preferred them as toy boxes! You can, however, fit quite a lot in and if it isn’t too heavy, the strap allows you to attach it to a rucksack for ease…
The only area for improvement we could think of was that the carry strap is one handed and when carrying the Teebee out and about, this meant one hand was taken up with the Teebee so possibly some sort of shoulder strap would allow it to be carried in a way that kept hands free for play (or mischief!).
The Teebee has become a firm favourite in our house and has been out and about with us over the past few weeks. We have had so many compliments on this and lots of enthusiasm over the unique design and practicality of it. So, if you are looking for a unique, practical and versatile gift for a child of any age for Christmas, I really would recommend the Teebee. It’s also currently on offer on their website so the perfect time to buy!
Check out my other giveaways here.
Know someone who would like to win too? Please do share it with your friends and families!
Terms and Conditions Apply below!a Rafflecopter giveaway
This competition is open to residents of the UK.
• All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
• Supplying an email address within the Rafflecopter widget means that the entrant is willing to be added to all Promoters mailing list. Upon receipt of any correspondence from these companies, the entrant will be free to unsubscribe at any time.
• All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date.
• All prizes are non-transferable and there is no alternative.
• Winner will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter and the winners will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
• The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
• Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
• English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
• By submitting an entry through Rafflecopter, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway
• Each winning entry will be validated, and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that Rafflecopter entry, a new winner will be chosen
• Each Rafflecopter entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such. Any incorrect entries from the winner only make these entry methods invalid, not all the winners’ entries. The winning entry method from them will still be valid as long as it complies with our other terms and conditions.
• Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
• The competition may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion.