FREE Highway Rat Activity Trail from the The Forestry Commission
Where you can find the FREE Highway Rat Activity Trail from The Forestry Commission
Following on from the success of the Gruffalo Trail, the Gruffalo’s Child Trail, Superworm and the Stick Man trail (and they really have been a success) the Forestry Commission has launched The Highway Rat Activity Trail. The new trail launched in December and is a lovely thing to do wrapped up in hats, scarves and wellies.
The trail is inspired by the story of the same name by much-loved children’s author and illustrator-duo Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler. The Highway Rat film is also premiering on BBC1 this Christmas.
You can read our reviews about the Gruffalo Trail at Delamere here and Alice Holt here to get an idea of what the The Highway Rat trail will be like. The most important thing for me, is that it is FREE, it is outdoors and it is based on a book your children will no doubt have read endless times. What’s not to LOVE.
You can also read Tin Box Traveller’s review of their local The Highway Rat Activity Trail in Devon!
You can find The Highway Rat activity trials at these forests:
- Hamsterley Forest, Durham
- Gisburn Forest, Lancashire
- Whinlatter Forest, Cumbria
- Grizedale Forest, Cumbria
- Kielder Water and Forest Park, Northumberland
- Wyre Forest, Shropshire
- Beechenhurst, Gloucestershire
- Haughmond Hill, Shropshire
- Cardinham Woods, Cornwall
- Bedgebury National Pinteum and Forest, Kent
- High Lodge, Thetford Forest, Suffolk
- Jeskyns Community Woodland, Kent
- Wendover Woods, Buckinghamshire
- Thames Chase, Essex
- Fineshade Wood, Northamptonshire
- Hicks Lodge, Leicestershire
- Moors Valley Country Park, Dorset
- Alice Holt Forest, Surrey
- Haldon Forest Park, Exeter
- Dalby Forest, Yorkshire
- Guisborough Forest, Yorkshire
- Westonbirt, The National Arboretum, Gloucestershire
You can find out more information will be on their website .