The Diono Traverze, a lightweight travel stroller
We are at the point of not needing a buggy all the time with our nearly 2-year-old because she is always wanting to walk or scoot with her older brother and sister. However, we can’t say goodbye to a buggy just yet especially when we are travelling with the kids.
We recently went to Paris for our first city break with 3 Kids and a lightweight stroller for travel was definitely an essential for us so we packed the Diono Traverze Stroller and this is our review.
We wanted a buggy that was compact, lightweight and easy to use. The Diono Traverze seemed to tick all the above boxes.
So what are our thoughts on the Diono Traverze as a lightweight stroller for travel?
• How lightweight it is
• How simple it is to put up and down – you can do it one handed
• The colour – however the seat doesn’t match the hood exactly!
• The size of the basket underneath
• When it’s not in use you can pull it along like a suitcase – the older kids loved being in charge of pulling the buggy along, which was especially useful in the airport when we had other luggage.
• The travel bag is very useful for travelling, it keeps it protected when travelling on an aeroplane.
• The lying down position of the buggy – allowing them to be able to sleep when we are out and about.
• The zip pocket in the hood is very useful, for keys and money.
• The manoeuvrability of the buggy – you can quite happily push the buggy with one hand, which is very useful if you have another child’s hand to hold.
• The 5 point harness keeps kiddies nice and secure, however when you don’t use the shoulder straps and the child leans forward they can topple out quite easily.
• The strap pads are easily removable and washable.
• The raincover covers the entire buggy and keeps the under basket dry.
• The fact you can take the buggy onto the plane as hand luggage and pop it in the overhead lockers was great as it meant you had it as soon as you were off the plane.
We are not so keen on:
• The brake – we often found when walking along we would knock the footbrake causing the buggy to suddenly come to a halt.
• The seating position of the buggy doesn’t look as comfortable as some of the other buggies we have used, but this saying Molly has never complained about being in it! But for the compactness of the buggy it is worth it.
As a Lightweight Stroller for Travel we have found it nice and easy to use and the older kids enjoy pushing it.
NB: This is a guest post from Amalie who also blogs at How to be a Dad. The family received the Diono Traverze Stroller in order to review but all views and opinions are their own.
Pin for later?
Make your next family adventure easy with our travel tips
Visit the travel tips section for more product ideas and tips, including an easy way to remove sand from your feet after a day at the beach.
Karen Beddow founded Mini Travellers in 2014 while doing what she loves most...going on holiday!
Mini Travellers is for parents looking for holiday ideas, destination reviews, days out and things to do with the kids. We also have family travel tips, activity ideas and all other things family holiday related. Take a look at some of our latest reviews for holidays and day trips in the UK.