By the time you are reading this I will have been in Rwanda exploring for a week. I have chosen my winner and favourites from the first half of the month and Rachel the last half. We don’t usually do this but I knew this month I would have little to no signal towards the end of May, so this post was scheduled and pictures chosen on 15th May!
We also have some very sad, but at the same time exciting news to share with you. Rachel has decided that her focus is now more on interiors, than exteriors, and accordingly she has decided to pass the role of my co-host of #UKexplore onto Charly who many of you will know from Podcast and Pod Travels.
Charly and I will move forward with #UKexplore and will choose the winners of #UKexplore for June!
We have been very lucky to have another guest sponsor of #UKexplore in May. Outdoor clothing specialist, Trespass, kindly offered to send each winner a waterproof jacket of their choice up to the value of £60 – it excludes the DLX range and the winner must have a UK address. Check further down for this month’s lucky winner.
I tag all my UK days out photographs #UKexplore on Instagram and if you aren’t following me over there I’d love you to do so! You can also keep an eye on what we’ve been getting up to.
We now have over 15,000 photos tagged #UKexplore since we started last year. Both Rachel and I love scrolling through the hashtag to see what you’ve all been up to and it has turned into such a lovely community.
Just in case you aren’t aware what #UKexplore is, it is our Instagram community that we have invited you all to join in with and share your favourite places across the UK and your outdoor adventures. To join in it doesn’t have to be a photograph one of the 534 National Trust properties (although we do think they are amazing); we want to see your ‘off the beaten track’ spots, too. It could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you’re out exploring, simply take a snap and upload it to Instagram so we can all share in your adventures and explore the UK with you. All we ask is that you use the #UKexplore hashtag so we can find you. You don’t have to be a blogger, anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win. So without further ado, who have I chosen this month….
Some of my favourites from May are:
This month’s winner of the Day’s Family Pass to a National Trust property of their choice is Mummy Travels with this wonderful photo of the Spinnaker Tower from the river. Cathy please do get in touch with Rachel to arrange your National Trust pass and your Trespass Jacket.
No mere traffic jams or ferry delays could stop us – the adventure starts here, saying farewell to Portsmouth as we set off to the Isle of Wight under blue skies. The pointy tower (my daughter’s name for the Spinnaker tower) was looking rather good as we cruised out to sea. Next stop… dinosaurs, beach, ice cream and a very luxurious cottage…
Why not head over to Rachel’s page The Ordinary Lovely, to see her favourites too together with who she chose.
We look forward to seeing all your photographs next month and huge thanks to the National Trust and Trespass for providing the prizes next month.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month’s competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges’ decision is final.