#UKexplore – June 2016
Since the launch of #UKexplore on 7th April 2016 Rachel and I are thrilled to have had over 2000 photos tagged #UKexplore on Instagram and over 1000 of those just this month. The competition we ran with Cotswold Outdoor really got you out and about tagging your photos, and we have LOVED seeing them, even if choosing from over 1000 photos was really hard! So hard in fact that we decided to send 20 of our favourites over to the National Trust and let them choose the winner. Sorry ladies!
Just in case you aren’t aware what #UKexplore is, it is our new Instagram community that we have invited you all to join in with and share your favourite places across the UK and your outdoor adventures. To join in it doesn’t have to be a photograph one of the 534 National Trust properties (although we do think they are amazing); we want to see your ‘off the beaten track’ spots, too. It could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you’re out exploring, simply take a snap and upload it to Instagram so we can all share in your adventures and explore the UK with you. All we ask is that you use the #UKexplore hashtag so we can find you. You don’t have to be a blogger, anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win.
So without further ado, who have we chosen this month. There has been one overall winner of the Cotswold Outdoor Camping package, two winners of the National Trust day passes and we have each chosen 9 of our other favourites to show you. We are just sorry you couldn’t all win!
Some of my favourites this month are from:
(Do click on their links if you would like to follow them on Instagram)
This month’s winner of the Day’s Family Pass to a National Trust property of their choice is Going on an Adventure with this fabulous photo which I loved as soon as I saw it on Instagram. Why not head over to Rachel’s page The Ordinary Lovely, to see her favourites too.
But the overall winner of the Cotswold Outdoor camping package (worth over £1200) is Hayley from Home with this stunning shot of her twin boys. Thanks so much everyone for joining in, but particularly huge Congratulations to Hayley. We can’t wait to see her camping pictures.
Sometimes I forget how special the Lake District is, what a beautiful part of the world and perfect for simple childhood fun. It was only a daytrip but I wish we could’ve stayed for longer, the boys would spend everyday messing around by the water if they could 💛 #ukexplore #childhoodunplugged #lovelifeoutside #littleandbrave #lakedistrict #ullswater #letkidsbekids
A photo posted by Hayley Smith (@hayleyfromhome) on
We would love you to join in next month with #UKexplore, simply tag your photos on Instagram with #UKexplore to be in with a chance of winning National Trust Day passes. Huge thanks to the National Trust and Cotswold Outdoor for providing the prizes this month.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month’s competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges’ decision is final.