Well how amazing has February 2019 been! The weather towards the end has been utterly incredibly and even amazing for over half term. What a change from last year when it was snowing!
From the looks of it you have all been out and about exploring and having lots of fun in the sun. I’ve even seen pictures of kids running through sprinklers in the garden in swimming costumes. I wasn’t that brave.
We now have over 38k photos tagged #UKexplore (I’m hoping that we might make it to 40k next month what do you think…. we love following the hashtag and we hope you enjoy it too. So what have we been up to in the UK.
View this post on Instagram
Gosh the sky is blue on the #wirral today. I’m heading home to see the kids after a fab 24 hours with @rainbeaubelle @theordinarylovely @heleddlavender @mamasvib @jess_soothill in #Birmingham. I feel like I’ve had a full weekend already but it’s so nice that there is so much more to come. Quiet night in tonight with the hubby, probably with pizza and a film and then a lovely Sunday lunch with neighbours. Love a fun packed weekend! #ukexplore #wonderfulwirral #visitwirral #lovewirral #wirralweekend
View this post on Instagram
We had a blustery walk by the sea yesterday. Despite living here ten years we always forget that even if it’s boiling in the garden, walking just ten minutes down to the sea will see a sudden drop in temperature. It will still glorious though despite the breeze. Not sure this is technically the best photo in the world but I do love the fact that everyone is happy! It’s #backtoschool today for us but it’s a short half term and #Newyork is ahead of us for the #easterbreak so I can’t be too grumpy. #westkirbymarinelake #wirral #lovewirral #wonderfulwirral #discoverwirral #visitwirral #ukexplore #familytime #familysunday
When I am exploring the UK I tag all my UK days out photographs #UKexplore on Instagram and if you aren’t following me over there I’d love you to do so! You can also keep an eye on what we’ve been getting up to.
Just in case you aren’t aware what #UKexplore is, it is our Instagram community that we have invited you all to join in with and share your favourite places across the UK and your outdoor adventures. To join in it doesn’t have to be a photograph one of the 534 National Trust properties (although we do think they are amazing); we want to see your ‘off the beaten track’ spots, too. It could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you’re out exploring, simply take a snap and upload it to Instagram so we can all share in your adventures and explore the UK with you. All we ask is that you use the #UKexplore hashtag so we can find you. You don’t have to be a blogger, anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win. So without further ado, who have I chosen this month….
(Do click on their links if you would like to follow them on Instagram)
Some of my favourites from February are:
This month’s winner of the Day’s Family Pass to a National Trust property of their choice is Mark C with this fabulous photo of out of order red telephone boxes posted on their Instagram feed and tagged #UKexplore.
We look forward to seeing all your photographs next month and huge thanks to the National Trust for providing the prize.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month’s competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and Podcast on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and Podcast, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges’ decision is final.