Hasn’t February flown by! We spent part of February in Porto so managed to see some sun, but it’s now back to the freezing cold and snow again. Crazy UK weather does however make for some lovely photos. I hope you had time to get out and about and explore, lots of you did as it was really hard to choose my favourite UKexplore photos for February.
I tag all my UK days out photographs #UKexplore on Instagram and if you aren’t following me over there I’d love you to do so! You can also keep an eye on what we’ve been getting up to.
Last Sunday we spent a lovely day wandering on the hill behind our house leaving out Kindness Rocks – have you heard about them? If not why not head over here to our recent post on Kindness Rocks and have a read!
Have you heard about #kindnessrocks? It’s a craze from America that’s steadily taking hold in the Uk 🇬🇧 the idea is that you paint nice messages or pictures on rocks and leave them out for people to find. They are them encouraged to join in and leave rocks for others to find. There are large uk groups ok Facebook and some smaller local groups too. I’ve just started a local #wirral one and someone has already found the rocks we left out ok Sunday and has joined the group resolving to paint their own. Let me know what you think! Would your kids like doing this? Would you? It’s cheap and fun! #ukexplore #loverocks #loverocksspotted #ukftb #familytravel #kidstravel
That faces says it all doesn’t it! Love the enthusiasm for being outdoors even in the rain! Happy 1st February! #familytravel #topwithkids #childfriendly#familytime #familyfriendly #FamilyTravelMoment #traveltherenext#postcardsfromtheworld #familyadventure#explorekids #myEngland #mkd #lifeincolour #savouringtheseason #ABMHappylife #ukexplore #postcardsfromtheworld #thegreatoutdoors #winteradventures #hibernot #wanderlust #traveltheworld #ttot #travelwithchildren #travelwithkids #travelkids #igtravel #traveltheworld #showthemtheworld #myfamilyadventures
Just in case you aren’t aware what #UKexplore is, it is our Instagram community that we have invited you all to join in with and share your favourite places across the UK and your outdoor adventures. To join in it doesn’t have to be a photograph one of the 534 National Trust properties (although we do think they are amazing); we want to see your ‘off the beaten track’ spots, too. It could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you’re out exploring, simply take a snap and upload it to Instagram so we can all share in your adventures and explore the UK with you. All we ask is that you use the #UKexplore hashtag so we can find you. You don’t have to be a blogger, anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win. So without further ado, who have I chosen this month….
Some of my favourites from February are:
(Do click on their links if you would like to follow them on Instagram)
This month’s winner of the Day’s Family Pass to a National Trust property of their choice is Days.Of.wander with this beautiful shot of the Thames tow path and the sunset.
Why not head over to Charly’s page Podcast , to see her favourites too together with who she chose as her winner.
We look forward to seeing all your photographs next month and huge thanks to the National Trust for providing the prize.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month’s competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and Podcast on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and Podcast, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges’ decision is final.