We had amazing end to February and it looks like you did too. There was some sun, some snow, some torrential downpours and Storm Doris but the sun and the snow brought some fab photos with it too!
We had a lovely weekend away at the beginning of the month to Darwin Forest in the Peak District, which we highly recommend you try. It’s in the Peak District which is a beautiful area if you haven’t been. The rest of the month was pretty rainy for us but at the end we had a wonderful trip to Portugal and a couple of lovely days out. One to Ness Garden’s which isn’t far from us, and another to Speke Hall where we made this video! Let us know of you like it!
The 1st march felt very Spring like yesterday with hopefully more sun to come!
I tag all my UK days out photographs #UKexplore on Instagram and if you aren’t following me over there I’d love you to do so!
#UKexplore continues to grow rapidly (over 10,000 now!) and both Rachel and I love scrolling through the hashtag to see what you’ve all been up to. Just in case you aren’t aware what #UKexplore is, it is our Instagram community that we have invited you all to join in with and share your favourite places across the UK and your outdoor adventures. To join in it doesn’t have to be a photograph one of the 534 National Trust properties (although we do think they are amazing); we want to see your ‘off the beaten track’ spots, too. It could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you’re out exploring, simply take a snap and upload it to Instagram so we can all share in your adventures and explore the UK with you. All we ask is that you use the #UKexplore hashtag so we can find you. You don’t have to be a blogger, anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win. So without further ado, who have I chosen this month….
Some of my favourites from February are:
But this month’s winner of the Day’s Family Pass to a National Trust property of their choice is A Skip and Jump with this beautiful shot.
Not a bad way to spend a Saturday. Cwm Ideal, Snowdonia. We ended up instead of doing the simpler lower trail around the lake actually ascending through the Devil’s Kitchen and back down the other side. Think we finally nailed the warm clothing thing for the kids, not a single complaint from them (only moaning to stop for the picnic ;)) – fallen in love with another place. #snowdonia #cwmidwal #northwales #familytravel #familyadventure #ukexplore #igkids
Why not head over to Rachel’s page The Ordinary Lovely, to see her favourites too.
We would love you to join in next month with #UKexplore, simply tag your photos on Instagram with #UKexplore to be in with a chance of winning National Trust Day passes. Huge thanks to the National Trust for providing the prizes this month and to everyone for joining in.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month’s competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges’ decision is final.