Here are some top tips for Camping with a Baby. Most people I chat to start with the premise that it can’t be done, shouldn’t be done, or that they simply wouldn’t do it! However here are some Top Tips for Camping with a Baby from me and some other travel bloggers who have all done it.
1. Pack a travel cot/Moses basket/Sleepyhead. when camping with a baby. As you know if your baby feels comfortable and safe, they will sleep better!
2. Keep them warm, a sleeping bag, extra blankets, even the barmiest summer evening in the uk can be cold in the middle of the night.
3. Breast fed babies need nothing extra, but for formula fed babies why not consider using ready made formula and take Milton cold water sterilising tablets for bottles.
4. Stick as close to your usual sleep routine as possible when Camping with a Baby.
5. Have a bottle prepared for the middle of the night if needs be, or for breastfeeding make sure there is easy access to you!
6. Pack their favourite comforter when camping with a baby, and a couple more favourite teddies so the cot feels like home.
5. Consider parking the car in an accessible spot if a quick drive round the block is necessary to calm a crying child.
6. Toilet blocks usually offer a warmer space and a door to stop the crying travelling if your baby can’t be settled in the middle of the night.
6. Remember if you choose you site well then most people will have been in your shoes and won’t be worried about a crying baby. They don’t cry as loud as you think they do!
7. Weaning? – pouches, ready made food or home made pots can all be warmed easily on a camping stove.
8. Pack twice as many outfits as you think you will need, particularly if crawling as morning grass is wet whatever the weather.
9. Pack extra nappies and wipes. Wipes are useful for everything and everyone.
1 - Join our Reviews and Recommendations Facebook Group here which includes lots of ideas for things to do - you can post your own recommendations too.
2 - Buy our debut novel for boys and girls ages 7-11 The Little Museum (an exciting adventure set in France)
3 - Click here to leave Mini Travellers a Google Review.
4 - Share this post with your friends
5 - Follow Mini Travellers on the following platforms :
Thank you for your support as always.