So you’ve booked your trip and spent a fortune so here are 6 ways to Save Money at Disney with Kids.
One of the things I was really conscious of before we travelled to Disney was the fact that we had already spent a lot of money (a lot!). I had booked some pretty expensive character breakfasts and lunches (best not remind hubby of that!) and I didn’t want to spend every day worrying about spending more and more money. So I had to think of some ways to save money at Disney with Kids.
So we did some really simple things to save money at Disney during the day. They also had the unexpected benefit of saving us time and hassle too.
- Water – 6 ways to Save Money at Disney with Kids. We took 6-8 bottles of water with us and filled them up during the day from the water fountains. It isn’t that bottles of water at Disney are really expensive it’s just that you go through a lot of them as it is so hot and also you may not want to queue. Disney/Florida doesn’t sell a lot of drinks that aren’t fizzy either and my 4/5 year olds don’t like fizzy drinks so water was the best option in any event.
- Snacks – 6 ways to Save Money at Disney with Kids.
We took a huge bag of snacks with us into the parks every day in a zip lock bag. I did this for a few reasons, mainly because my three can be quite fussy and I wanted to know we had things they would eat, secondly because I thought snacks would keep them busy in the queues, and thirdly because in the end they snacked all day and we ate lunch late afternoon once we had left the parks. It worked for everyone. I took raisins, squeezy fruit snacks, cereal bars (chocolate would melt anyway), breadsticks and marmite rice cakes!
- Big Breakfast/Late Lunch – 6 ways to Save Money at Disney with Kids.
– Eat a big breakfast at home or en route and then eat a late lunch. The snacks above kept the kids happy, it was too hot for us to want to eat anyway and the restaurants were very very busy. It gets the busiest in the parks from lunchtime to early evening so if you leave and eat on the way home, you win on all levels.
- Own Fancy Dress – 6 ways to Save Money at Disney with Kids.
– We took with us Disney fancy dress from home. We, like many of you, will have a full box of fancy dress so we packed it. If you stuff it in a zip-lock bag it is actually presses down quite small and your little ones can have their very own fancy dress on to meet the princesses/characters and you won’t have to buy it in the shop when you’ve realised they ‘need’ it.
- Bubbles – 6 ways to Save Money at Disney with Kids.
– In another zip-lock bag ( we took loads of these too) I packed bubbles and some little treats for them to play with. There is always a balloon request or a toy request and it was really helpful to be able to deflect the $20 balloon request with a little pot of bubbles.
- Birthday List –6 ways to Save Money at Disney with Kids.
Another way we deflected the ‘off every ride and through the shop’ toy request was by adding their requests to their birthday list – literally a list on the notes app of my phone. This has killed two birds with one stone as we didn’t buy everything in sight, and now have a list to show to friends and relatives who ask closer to birthday times.
Attractiontix.co.uk offer Disney tickets, and there are various types of voucher codes on attractiontix.co.uk
Don’t get me wrong, we still spent a lot of money during our 14 days in Orlando, and we did buy food, treats and snacks, but we spent a lot less and therefore had more to spend on other things!