Review: Lullaby Shade for Buggies
Does the Lullaby Shade for Buggies work?
With both my children I have used shades to create a dark environment for them to sleep in their buggies. My mum could never understand it and often joked about ‘sensory deprivation’, but do you know what, it seemed to work. It does mean we have tried a lot of different shades, in fact we never leave the house without one. When I said we had another shade on its way to try, my husband rolled his eyes. Yet another bit of baby stuff to clutter the house!
The Lullaby Shade caught my eye as it combines two things we have used as sleep aids for Matilda; darkness and background sounds. When it arrived I was surprised by the thickness of the material, our other shades were a lot thinner. Reading the information provided, I was pleased to find that it was air permeable fabric, reassuring me that it would be safe to use. In fact, there is also two vents on the side which helps to circulate the air through the shade and make it easier to have a sneaky peek at your baby. It has a large zipped section on the front converts it into a sun shade, with a handy pocket to tuck away material, its large enough for your little one to look out.
As we have the ‘Premium’ version of the shade, we also received an MP3 player preloaded with lullaby music. So it was quick and easy to plug in the player and test out the built in speakers. It was quite self-explanatory and soon enough we could hear the soothing sounds being piped out of the shade. A slight challenge we found is when the shade was on the buggy, as the pocket for the player to be kept in is on the inside making it fiddly to put away once you have started the music. We decided it was easier to let the player ‘hang out’ of the top of the shade and it works just as well.
Having fathomed how to work the music, we decided we’d try it on Matilda’s buggy. The shade has both elastic and Velcro straps which help you to attach it to the buggy. We found the elastic almost too tight and it seemed to be a bit of a struggle to get it on though after a while we have found a knack. We have also used the shade on a stage one car seat, the bassinet from our travel system and our stroller. All of which worked, some easier than others.
So for me the real test was whether Matilda would sleep peacefully under the shade. Attempt one was at home in our lounge with the shade over the bassinet, it worked! Attempt two, a little more challenging, at an assault course for children, it worked again. By this point, we had decided that it was great for use in busy places. It blocked out the external noise and created a consistent background for a peaceful nap.
You do get a few strange looks, it took me a while to realise why. It was when I was in a lift with the buggy, the shade and the music playing. I was happily listening to the lift music, but when I left the lift I realised the music was Matilda’s shade! It can be heard externally, not a problem in a noisier environment, but a little strange when it all goes quiet.
The Lullaby Shade has found its place in our selection of shades. We mainly use it at home on the bassinet allowing us to be a little less conscious of the noise we make as Matilda sleeps. It is then our shade of choice if we know we are going to be in a noisier place. The background music is its unique feature, something our other shades do not have. We just need to remember to charge the MP3 player as we’ve been caught short before!
You can purchase the Lullaby Shade here for £34.99.
NB: Emily and Matilda were sent the Lullbay Shade to review but all views and opinions are their own.
Why not enter our competition to WIN a Lullaby Shade below, but please do check out the T&C’s at the bottom of the post!
You can also PIN this post!
This competition is open to residents of the UK.
• All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
• Supplying an email address within the Rafflecopter widget means that the entrant is willing to be added to the Promoter’s mailing list. Upon receipt of any correspondence from these companies, the entrant will be free to unsubscribe at any time.
• All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date.
• All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
• Winners will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter and the winners will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
• The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
• Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
• English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
• By submitting an entry through Rafflecopter, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway
• Each winning entry will be validated, and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that Rafflecopter entry, a new winner will be chosen
• Each Rafflecopter entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such. Any incorrect entries from the winner only make these entry methods invalid, not all the winners’ entries. The winning entry method from them will still be valid as long as it complies with our other terms and conditions.
• Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
• The competition may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion.