Welcome to Monday Escapes on Monday the 30th Jan.
It’s been a couple of weeks of plotting and planning at Mini Travellers. Trying to decide on plans for the year. Where to go and when. We flip from Barbados to Rwanda, I know different right. In the Summer we are considering France, Corsica or Greece and also hoping to fit in a trip to Wales or Scotland (maybe both!). But first we are off to Portugal next month.
What have you all been up to?
Monday Escapes as I’m sure you all know by now, is a place to link up your travel memories
We host #MondayEscapes every two weeks and we now have a fabulous sponsor Lonely Planet. We are absolutely delighted to link up with Lonely Planet to offer our number one favourite blog post of the fortnight either a destination guide, or a title from the Lonely Planet Kids range. (See T&C’s below). Just another great reason to link up with Monday Escapes!
Your hosts along with me are Lisa at Travel Loving Family and Clare at Tin Box Traveller, and today Sarah at Extraordinary Chaos is hosting. With Sarah and I commenting on all your lovely posts this for this week.
Monday Escapes is all about looking back at wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be about a trip abroad or even be a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
Claire and Lisa’s favourite posts from last week are:
Lisa shares her expert tried and tested tips after 10 months of travel, 25 flights and 32.645 miles with her young son.
Love TravelLatte’s guide to finding the best hotel in Paris. As someone who always finds it an absolute nightmare to select a hotel, particularly when booking a city break, I think starting a hotel search with an itinerary followed by budget, style and reviews makes complete sense.
And Claire’s are;
Expitterpattica’s post was really inspiring. She has continued to see some of Europe’s iconic sights after starting a family and has great tips for instilling wanderlust in children from a young age.
Daislikethese’s collection of exotic spots in France was fantastic. They looked more like places you’d find in the Caribbean. It’s made me think differently about a holiday across the Channel.
So how do you join in?
• Link up to one post – old or new.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet any of us your links @minitravellers @sarahjchristie @tinboxtraveller or @travellovinfam, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes, we will show those photos some love.
Monday Escapes will go live every two weeks, alternating between the hosts and will be open Monday to Wednesday. Every fortnight we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos. We will also choose a Photo of the Fortnight from the Instagram hashtag.