As you will know if you read this blog regularly I love getting my Mini Travellers outside; whether that is down to the local beach, to the woods behind our house, the park, or the countryside a little further afield. We get out whatever the weather is, as as the saying goes there is no such thing as bad weather just the wrong clothes. So we dress in waterproofs if needs be and head out, or pile on the sun cream and sun hats and enjoy the sun (rarely in the UK it has to be said!).
When I started this blog my hubby (@mrminitravellers if you want to find him on Instagram) took most of the photographs for this blog, however I’ve developed a love for it that I didn’t know I had. I’ve started taking photos with his DSLR and processing more photos to get just the right shot.
We are so lucky to have some amazing places to visit so close to us. We live five minutes from the beach and some beautiful woodland so it isn’t difficult to get out, but we also live within an hours drive of Chirk Castle, Erddig, Speke Hall, Tatton Park, Dunham Massey and Lyme Park all fabulous National Trust properties with fantastic outdoor spaces. We adore their 50 Things to do before you are 11 and 3/4 and enjoy ticking them off month to month.
A couple of weeks ago, I was chatting to Rachel from The Ordinary Lovely about how lucky we are to have so many special places to explore across the UK. We talked about finding a way to celebrate the amazing outdoor spaces and the adventures we take our children on, and also how to discover new places to visit. From this discussion, and with the help of our lovely friends at the National Trust, #UKexplore was born.
#UKexplore is our new Instagram community that we’d like to invite you to join and share your favourite places across the UK and your outdoor adventures. It doesn’t have to be one of the 534 National Trust properties; we want to know your ‘off the beaten track’ spots, too. It could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you’re out exploring, simply take a snap and upload it to Instagram so we can all share in your adventures and explore the UK with you. All we ask is that you tag both Rachel (@theordinarylovely)and I (@mini_travellers) and use the #UKexplore hashtag so we can find you. You don’t have to be a blogger, anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win.
Every month, both Rachel and I will feature our favourite images on our blogs and we’ll also select one winner each who will both receive a National Trust Family Admission Day Pass. Nice, right?! #UKexplore will run from the 1st to the last day of the month but we’re launching today and will select our first winners from all the images posted between now and the end of April (full terms and conditions are below). We really hope you’ll join in and we can’t wait to explore the UK with you.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month’s competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges’ decision is final.