Is it just me that likes to see exactly what a ship is like before I sail on it? For that reason, I thought it would be helpful to share a photo tour and review of Norwegian Encore and a brief Norwegian Encore Ship Review to give you an idea of exactly how spectacular this Norwegian Cruise Line ship is.
We loved Encore so much on our first trip that we rebooked. Here is a photo tour of our 2023 cruise onboard the stunning Norwegian Encore.
Norwegian Ship Tour And Facts
Norwegian Encore, the sister ship to Norwegian Bliss, launched in 2019, holding 3098 passengers at total capacity. Also, with 1735 crew onboard to tend to your every need.
NCL Encore has three complimentary main dining rooms. Along with a buffet restaurant and bar and grill. ( And a separate dining room for Haven guests only). You will also find nine speciality dining venues: a cake shop, an ice cream bar and a milkshake bar.
Norwegian Encore Kids Clubs
The kid’s clubs cater for kids of all ages, Here is a quick overview.
- Guppies for 6 months to 3 years
- Turtles for 3-5 year olds
- Seals for 6-9 year olds
- Dolphins for 10-12 year olds
- The Teen club Entourage 12 – 17
Activities On Norwegian Encore For Kids And Teens And Big Kids
The one thing I found odd about all of the activities on Norwegian Encore was that everybody had to be weighed to use the facilities. I get it for some activities, but not all.
- Encore Speedway, 15 dollars for a session or The Ultimate Speedway Package, $199, permits you to use the race track as much as you like during scheduled opening hours for unlimited use during a 7-day sailing.
- Aqua Park free of charge
- Kids Aqua Park, free of charge
- Laser Tag, $20 per person for s session
- Galaxy Pavilion, $29 for an hours pass or you can book a week pass. To be honest an hour is enough.
- Amusement Arcade, the ultimate arcade pack is $25 per person per day.
The Norwegian Encore Speedway
NCL own the only speedways at sea, spaced over decks 17 and 18. This fast-moving speedway track costs $15 per person; you can also purchase a Speedway package at $199, which enables you to ride unlimited times. The Minimum height is 55 inches to ride. Book via your app on day one as the speedway gets busy.
Lost City Of Atlantis Laser Tag
The laser tag costs $9.95 per person to play and is spectacular and sits near the top of the ship on deck 18, looking out to sea. No height or age restrictions exist on the Laser Tag on Norwegian Encore. However, players must be able to hold and operate the laser gun to play.
The Galaxy Pavilion
The Galaxy Pavilion is a state-of-the-art room filled with the latest VR machines! You can book an unlimited Galaxy Pavilion Pass for $199 for a seven-day sailing or 29 dollars for 30 minutes. The pass will allow unlimited use of all Galaxy Pavilion activities except the formula one car. Most attractions have a min height of 36″. This info is correct from our Feb 2023 booking.
Pool Areas For All Ages
As long as your kids are potty trained, Norwegian Encore promises hours of pool fun with an aqua park, slides and a pool. Also, there’s a pool for us parents. Plus, there is a baby splash zone for babies in diapers. There is a life guide on duty at all times.
Private Pool Area For Suit Club
The Haven offers a dedicated ship within a ship area for suit guests with bars, loungers a restaurant and pool.
Free Dining On Norwegian Encore
- The Local Bar & Grill, Open 24 hours; the Local offers classic pub food in a chilled-out environment.
- Garden Café A Buffet restaurant
- Savour, One of Norwegian Encore’s complimentary main dining rooms
- Taste, Another main dining room offers a choice of themed menus depending on your destination.
- The Manhattan Room, The largest of all the main dining rooms.
- The Haven Restaurant (Private Access for Guests of The Haven)
Just Some Of The Specialty Restaurants On Norwegian Encore
Nine speciality restaurants and three specialty dessert cafes on Norwegian Encore offer meals and snacks. If you book the Free At Sea Upgrade when booking your cruise on Norwegian Encore, you get two specialty restaurants included in the price of your cruise. We also paid for an extra dining experience as they were truly exceptional.
- Ocean Blue, the most delicious seafood restaurant serving scallops, steak and lobster. It is worth the extra fee, as a guide you can expect to pay.
- Onda by Scarpetta Italian, the sister restaurant of Scarpetta, offers a specially curated menu offering traditional Italian dishes.
- Cagney’s Steakhouse, a must steak restaurant; the steak was divine.
- Food Republic, a world street food-style restaurant offering a selection of Asian and Mexican-inspired food. You can expect to pay…
- Teppanyaki, Sit around a shared table and watch your Chef create a delicious freshly cooked meal.
- Los Lobos, if you love Mexican food, try out Los Lobos, with a delicious selection of Tacos, Enchilada and Mexican Dishes.
- American Diner, A super cool-themed diner with style, this must-visit restaurant
- Le Bistro, a stunning French Restaurant where you can sip fine champagne and enjoy an á la carte meal.
Entertainment For The Adults
The entertainment is second to none on Norwegian Encore; you will struggle to fit it all in, in a week and enjoy the cool bars. Kinky Boots has been removed from Encore since our last cruise, which is a real shame. However, the remaining entertainment onboard is excellent.
Don’t miss Choir of Men; I wasn’t too bothered about seeing the show; however, it is terrific. A feel-good performance that has you smiling all the way through and wanting to sing along; it was warm and funny, and I didn’t want it to end.
The Cavern Club
The Cavern Club is one of the coolest venues at sea! Go back in time and enjoy an evening of the Beatles from the Oldies and Abbey Road. Different albums are played at different sets and times, and it does have the Beatles vibe, a glorious nostalgic look back at the world’s most incredible Boy Band you will want to go to every night.
The District, Micro Brewery
It was the coolest bar I have ever seen on a ship; the decor was uber stylish, and the piano man was hilarious and brilliant ( But only sit at the front if you can take it). The District is a Micro Brewery and, as such, makes and sells its beer; the choice is vast. Check out our in-depth NCL Drinks Package Guide for more prices and an in-depth breakdown.
The Grand Atrium
The structure in the grand atrium changes colour throughout the day and night, wrapped with a sweeping staircase. It’s a gorgeous area.
Our Cabin On Norwegian Encore
We booked a balcony cabin, and it was a great size; the bathroom was spacious, with a corner glass shower and lots of storage shelves. While the hanging area in the wardrobe could have been more extensive, there was also plenty of space under the bed in two substantial storage drawers.
The bed was super comfy, and the balcony had enough space for the odd lazy morning and breakfast on the balcony, which we did most days.
A Peek At The Spa Area
The spa offers treatment, and a thermal suite and imagine having a pedicure with those views.
Norwegian Encore, My Review
Encore offers so much for families, giving them lots of choices of family activities and giving us parents a little chill time. The kid’s clubs provide varied activities for all ages, even supervised sessions for younger children.
However, if you travel without children, Encore has excellent activities. Plus, there is a choice for solo travellers’ studios so that single friends can come along.
Also See The Whole NCL Fleet
See More of the Biggest Cruise Ships in the World
Join us as we step aboard these magnificent giants, each one a floating city that promises a vacation experience like no other. It’s time to discover the top five cruise ships that redefine the meaning of indulgence and exploration on the high seas.
Top Tips for Flying with Children
Sarah Christie is a craft, food, cruise, and family travel blogger Extraordinary Chaos, Cruising For All and Mini Travellers. Known for her unique perspective and ability to find beauty in chaos, Sarah designs and creates craft projects as well as creating recipes for people who want to cook from scratch the easy way. Whilst also exploring family travel and how to navigate it.