September 13th is known across the UK as Roald Dahl Day in celebration of the much-loved author’s birthday. If he were alive today, he’d have been 102 this year!
To celebrate the life and work of Roald Dahl, Forestry England has created James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits to enjoy in a forest near you now. Great for bug hunters and animal lovers!
Grab your James and the Giant Peach inspired ‘My Forest Adventure Kit’ this summer for £5.50. Inside you’ll find:
- Activity booklet
- Foldout binoculars
- Collecting tray
- Forest finds card
Why not also look at the 13 Acts of Bravery you could try in a Forestry England‘s forest: http://www.roalddahl.com/roald-dahl-day/13-acts-of-bravery-with-forestry-england
You can find James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits are available at:
· Alice Holt Forest, Bucks Horn Oak, Farnham, GU10 4LS
Come to Alice Holt Forest and explore our walking and cycling trails, play areas and find our magnificent wooden animal play structures as well as the ever popular Gruffalo sculptures. James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits are available to buy from the visitor centre. https://www.forestryengland.uk/alice-holt-forest
· Beechenhurst, Speech House Road, Coleford, GL16 7EL
Beechenhurst lies in the heart of the Forest of Dean, one of Britain’s oldest and largest woodlands. Come and enjoy the sculpture trail, fun play area, cafe, climbing tower and Tree Top Junior. James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits are available to buy café at Beechenhurst and from Bank House. https://www.forestryengland.uk/beechenhurst
· Cannock Chase Forest, Birches Valley, Rugeley, WS15 2UQ
With a children’s play area, Go Ape, orienteering trails and even a dog activity trail, you will not be stuck for something to do at Cannock Chase, located north of Birmingham. James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits are available to buy at Grounds Café or Go Ape. https://www.forestryengland.uk/cannock-chase-forest
· Dalby Forest, Low Dalby, Thornton-Le-Dale, Pickering, YO18 7LT
Situated on the southern slopes of the North York Moors National Park, Dalby Forest is an ideal destination for outdoor adventure. The southern part of the forest is divided by a number of valleys creating a ‘Rigg and Dale’ landscape while to the north the forest sits on the upland plateau. The Dalby Forest Weather Station gives live weather updates to help you plan ahead and get the most out of your day! James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits are available to buy at the visitor centre. https://www.forestryengland.uk/dalby-forest
· Fineshade Wood, Top Lodge, Fineshade, Near Corby, Northamptonshire, NN17 3BB
Located north of Corby in the Midlands, Fineshade Wood provides a picturesque setting for your next adventure. Whether you want to have a leisurely wander through the trees, get the kids to let off some steam at one of our exciting play areas or go on a bike ride, Fineshade Wood is bursting with opportunities to explore the great outdoors. James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits are available to buy at the welcome desk, bike shop and café. https://www.forestryengland.uk/fineshade-wood
· Grizedale Forest, Hawkshead, LA22 0QJ
Explore the forest on two wheels, foot or horse back and keep your eyes peeled along the way for our unique sculptures which are dotted throughout the forest. For more of a challenge, test your nerve and swing among the trees on one of our Go Ape courses. James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits are available to buy from the visitor information point. https://www.forestryengland.uk/grizedale
· Haldon Forest Park, Bullers Hill, Kennford, Exeter, EX6 7XR
Whether you want a quiet gentle stroll or an exhilarating mountain biking experience, there’s something for you at Haldon Forest Park. With a range of walking and cycling trails to suit all abilities, as well as a pump loop, cycle skills area, orienteering courses, play equipment and so much more just waiting to be discovered. James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits are available to buy at the rangers office in the courtyard. https://www.forestryengland.uk/haldon-forest-park
· Hicks Lodge, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Swadlincote, LE65 2UP
A great day out for the budding cyclist, from tearaway toddlers to young teens perfecting their skills, we’ve got a range of trails for beginner to intermediate appetites. Visit our lakeside bird hide where you can soak in the beautiful scenery and spot some unique wildlife, such as the migratory sand martins. There are also walking and horse riding paths, a play area and a café! James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits are available to buy at Grounds Café. https://www.forestryengland.uk/hicks-lodge
· Jeskyns Community Woodland, Henhurst Road, Cobham, Kent, DA12 3AN
Jeskyns is home to 360 acres of newly planted woodlands, meadows and orchards. With a good network of surfaced walking trails, children’s play areas, café and even a dog activity trail, there is something for everyone to explore at any time of the year. You can visit a Fairy and Elf Village, introduce the family to the Gruffalo and his friends, say hello to our cows, take the dog for a paddle or just sit and watch the world go by under wide skies full of singing skylarks. James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits are available to buy from the café. https://www.forestryengland.uk/jeskyns
· Moors Valley Country Park and Forest, Horton Road, Ashley Heath, Nr Ringwood, BH24 2ET
Moors Valley is a joint venture between Dorset Council and Forestry England and the work we do here goes beyond the remit of most visitor attractions, including countryside management and forestry. James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits are available to buy at the visitor centre. https://www.forestryengland.uk/moors-valley-country-park-and-forest
· Salcey Forest, Quinton Road, Northamptonshire, NN7 2HX
This magnificent woodland has many miles of ancient wood banks, building remains and ancient trees. The ‘druids’, or veteran oaks, are rare and amazing wildlife habitats, and some of the old oaks are over 600 years old. See what you can spot on your visit to the medieval royal hunting forest. We’ve got endless walking trails, a family cycling trail, adventure play area and even an onsite café selling tasty homemade meals and cakes in a warm, friendly environment. James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits are available to buy at the information point and at the café. https://www.forestryengland.uk/salcey-forest
· Thames Chase Forest Centre & Broadfields, Pike Lane, Upminster, Essex,RM14 3NS
Formerly called Broadfields Farm, Thames Chase is now home to a variety of surfaced trails, ponds, meadows and even an orchard planted with traditional Essex apple and pear varieties. Scattered around the site are several environmental play areas for children, including the Ants Nest, Snake Stepping Stones, Hollow Logs and the Trusty Oak, which offers beautiful views across the whole site. James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits are available to buy at the visitor centre. https://www.forestryengland.uk/thames-chase-forest-centre-broadfields
· Whinlatter Forest, Whinlatter Pass, Keswick, CA12 5TW
Whinlatter is home to stunning views, fantastic walks, exhilarating mountain biking, rare wildlife and adventure play. Set within the Lake District, a World Heritage Site, Whinlatter has unrivalled views across Bassenthwaite Lake, Derwentwater and Keswick. James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits are available to buy at the visitor centre. https://www.forestryengland.uk/whinlatter
· Wyre Forest, Callow Hill, Bewdley, DY14 9XQ
Wyre Forest offers a great day outdoors with activities to suit all. Enjoy our 3 way marked walking trails, the family cycle route, bike hire, horse trails, Go Ape, play area and onsite café, all set in an ever-changing window on nature in this breath-taking setting. James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits are available to buy at the café and bike hire. https://www.forestryengland.uk/wyre-forest
For more information about James and the Giant Peach Forest Adventure Kits visit: https://www.forestryengland.uk/roald-dahl
Two of my lucky readers can win adventure kits below! Please read the Terms & Conditions of entry before entering please.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Check out my other giveaways here.
Know someone who would like to win too? Please do share it with your friends and families!
Terms and Conditions Apply below!
This competition is open to residents of the UK.
• All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
• Supplying an email address within the Rafflecopter widget means that the entrant is willing to be added to all Promoters mailing list. Upon receipt of any correspondence from these companies, the entrant will be free to unsubscribe at any time.
• All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date.
• All prizes are non-transferable and there is no alternative.
• Winner will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter and the winners will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
• The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
• Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
• English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
• By submitting an entry through Rafflecopter, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway
• Each winning entry will be validated, and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that Rafflecopter entry, a new winner will be chosen
• Each Rafflecopter entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such. Any incorrect entries from the winner only make these entry methods invalid, not all the winners’ entries. The winning entry method from them will still be valid as long as it complies with our other terms and conditions.
• Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
• The competition may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion.