Travel Tips – What toiletries to pack!
This isn’t going to be the most interesting list I have ever written, but every year I write a similar list about what toiletries/medicine/creams/potions etc that I need to remember to take on holiday, so this year I thought I’d write it down here and then share it in case it’s useful to others.
I mean it isn’t like you can’t buy basic toiletries when you go away but I usually take it all as I don’t want to spend my time on holiday shopping for things other than wine, bread and cheese! Also we have tried in the past to buy things like antihistamine on holiday and with limited French ended up with ones that made my husband sleep for hours on end!
So what are we taking:
1 Sun Cream and After Sun
We are trying a few different sun creams this year. For the kids I really like the ones you can spray on them as in the past I’ve found the really thick creamy ones difficult to apply. We are trying a coloured sun spray from Aldi and organic children sun lotion by Green People for them.
I will be using P20 which is a family favourite as I like not having to re-apply all the time, and we are also trying out an Aldi one.
2 Mosquito Repellent
Last year in Lefkas we got bitten one night particularly: we had gone out early for a BBQ and forgotten to put repellent on. I won’t be making that mistake again. The kids didn’t get bitten at all and I have a suspicion it’s because they eat a lot of marmite! Something to do with the B12 I believe. So we will be taking marmite(!?) but also Incognito spray and roll-on repellent and trying a Mosquitan patch!
3 Savlon Wipes and Savlon Antispetic cream
4 Anthisan for any bites.
- 10 Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- 11 Shampoo, conditioner and de-tangling spray (essential for after the pool)
- 12 Wipes, baby wipes, toilet wipes, travel packs of baby wipes. I don’t think you ever grow out of needing these when you have kids.
- 13 Waterproof mascara
- 14 Zovirax
- 15 Razors and shaving foam (for me)
- 16 Face wash
- 17 Volterol in case hubby’s back plays up
- 18 Hairbrushes and bobbles
- 19 Talcum Powder (it gets sand off your feet when you have been to the beach – try it!)
- 20 Travel packets of tissues – like baby wipes we always need them to hand!